• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

I'm back! And ready to ride!

dalroo

Road Bike
Hello Concours friends!

I've been active in the DFW area for the past several years, but in August, I accepted a job for a software company in OKC. My wife and I are Okies, and have family in the area, so we hoped it would be a great move for the family. Unfortunately, after 3 months commuting from Fort Worth to OKC, I have decided the job was not a good fit. Fortunately, we had not sold our home in Fort Worth, so I began seeking gainful employment back in North Texas and landed an exciting new job starting in a few weeks. It pays to have a good network of friends and former colleagues, and to not burn bridges.

So bottom line, I am back in DFW, have pulled the Concours out of mothballs, and ready to ride. Weather permitting, I would like to get an informal ride together for the January 11th. I don't care where we go, or how long it takes, but if anyone is interested, let's start planning! Maybe Loco Coyote for lunch? Or Mary's for Chicken Fried Steak? Anywhere works for me!

Glad to hear you are back!  When you have the details of the ride, let me or one of the AAD's know and we will get it posted on the calendar.

Fred

Welcome back!

Unfortunately, I have a commitment for 11 JAN 14 that I cannot cancel.

As the Big Bend ride approaches we definitely need some DFW rides on the calendar.

I would be happy to join in or schedule a few once my schedule is in focus for 2014.

Craig

Hey Brutha!  :)  Glad to hear you're back.  My own work situation is pretty interesting currently.  I just flew back from Lima Peru this morning after a working interview type situation.  If I'm available on the 11th, I'll sure come along.  But I may be traveling.

Hmmmm - Lima sounds a bit more exotic than Oklahoma City.

Yes, let me know if you are going to be around and want to ride. I'm thinking of starting from breakfast at Blue Hangar and then out to Strawn for lunch at Mary's, but as I said, the destination is immaterial - I just need to get out for a spin.

Welcome back Dalroo!  :great:

If the weather is good I'll be headed up north about then in a cage, so I'm sorry I can't make it.

Hopefully you'll have good weather too and can enjoy the ride even if no one can join you this time.

..... again welcome back!  :whoo: