• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

I'm such a dork!

jbozrex

Got the 2005 Connie I picked up this past spring running last weekend. Cleaned the carbs, adjusted valves, changed oil. Got all the @#$%%^ing plastic back on. Then started looking for tires. And bagged that idea, going to swap to 17". I've got a whole ZRX front end so that's covered. Just received a Meanstreak wheel.

Hmmm.... the paint is a little rough... Don't really care for the gold.... Oh hell. Let's pull the body work off again and repaint while at it!! Just what I need, another project. Eh. It's a long winter!

Did just that over a winter...many moons/years ago with my 98....went with a pearled orange...was gorgeous when the sun hit it...

Picture taken during a trip out to the montrose colorado area back in 2010...

Attachments

• IMG_0589.JPG
    IMG_0589.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 133
She found a new owner back in 2014 when i took possession of a blue 2010 c14 .....which quickly got painted corvette atomic orange....

My obsession with metallic orange started in 1974 with a schwinn 10 speed..... the family interventions havent helped.....lol

Attachments

• 20181212_174641.jpg
    20181212_174641.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 109
She found a new owner back in 2014 when i took possession of a blue 2010 c14 .....which quickly got painted corvette atomic orange....

My obsession with metallic orange started in 1974 with a schwinn 10 speed..... the family interventions havent helped.....lol
I love that color on certain vehicles . I'd say it works nicely on the C14 .

OP, you're a genius? Konehead ... nice color, looks just like my bosses 2008 Z06 Vette color.

Last edited: