• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Installed my risers

i4get75

Bicycle
Just put on my handlebar risers I got for $53 on ebay.  Great price, easy install and makes a world of difference.  Although I noticed that now there is no pain in my wrists/hands, now I have pressure on my middle back and elbows.  I guess it's a trade off LOL.

Thanks to everyone here for the idea of the risers!

Attachments

• 2012-06-06 18.34.48.jpg
    2012-06-06 18.34.48.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 186
You will find that will go away over time. You will build up the muscles in that area and it will not bother you anymore. I too had the same problem when I installed my risers.

Every spring things hurt after the first few rides. Just an adjustment period. :motonoises:

Hopefully have a Tail Of The Dragon trip coming up in the next few weeks. Its a 300 mile trip down so that should break me in!

mmm, Tail of the Dragon is an awesome ride.  They were doing construction on part of it when I went through last spring.  Great time to get off the bike and wait for the flagger. ;)

virtualdev said:
mmm, Tail of the Dragon is an awesome ride.  They were doing construction on part of it when I went through last spring.  Great time to get off the bike and wait for the flagger. ;)
I went down a few years back on my Suzuki.  Great ride. This time we're going to have a full day to ride.

Any problems with installation?  I tried to install mine but it compromised the throttle when turning all the way to the right.  The guy that sold me the risers says I just need to re-route the throttle cable.  Thoughts anyone?

Jack said:
Any problems with installation?  I tried to install mine but it compromised the throttle when turning all the way to the right.  The guy that sold me the risers says I just need to re-route the throttle cable.  Thoughts anyone?

Yes, you can gain a lot more slack in the throttle cables by routing them on the right side of the steering head and down the right side of the frame.