• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Installed Risers

Tundra

This is the third set I've experimented with, these are only 3/4" pull back and 1-3/8" rise and think this will work for me. They feel good in the garage. A little more relaxed stance, less wrist pressure. Installed and the rain started. I have a ride tomorrow to test these out coupled with the peg lowering. I did not trade due to the low quotes, If this doesn't work for me I believe I can sell easily via private sale.
  The pic shows the left bar with the riser installed for comparison.

Attachments

• IMG_20200703_093132265.jpg
    IMG_20200703_093132265.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 166
Spend the money to get the bike just the way you want it.  For some, a few hundred here and there will get the job done.  For others, it just doesn't do it.  That might mean $2000 -$4000.  Two grand will get you any seat you want and a set of helibars both new.  Four grand will get you that and suspension upgrades.  There couldn't be much to complain about after that.  Trading bikes will surely cost four grand or better depending on the bike. 

I tried the small dollar approach on my 05.  I never really was satisfied.  I got really really lucky and bought my 01 that was set up very close to the way I wanted it.  Fred didn't pinch pennies when he set that bike up, and it shows.  The 01 is a keeper!

Bud,
  I appreciate the words of wisdom... with dollar signs attached it makes sense.  I LOVE the torque/HP this bike produces it's a blast to ride. Most bikes at this performance level are much more uncomfortable. Bikes that are more comfortable offer less in performance. This bike is probably the best of both worlds and I need to accept that fact and continue tweaking it. Thank you all for your intelligent comments and messages I've received. I came so close to making a poor decision, the only reason I did not, was my low trade offer of $4200 bucks and a cocky young salesboy.
I will continue adjustments to get the comfort right for me.

aww man I want to get those so bad!!! how are they when you ride? are they amazing? do they stretch the lines to much? who makes those?

Andy,
  When you first log into the forum, scroll down to the COG Industry Members section. You will find many members that manufacture and or sell, offer services regarding Concours. Lots of good info.& reading. I purchased mine from Murph's kits. He is a member and went above and beyond with customer service for me. Research thoroughly as he offers different size risers as well as wedges.

Here is his link https://www.murphskits.com/index.php?cPath=130_133&osCsid=JOcUDA3qyuAl9FmCWjzYS3

Question you asked answered form his site..."You will not have to change or reorient any of your brake or clutch lines, or the throttle cables, with our risers. All competitive products we are aware of require some kind of rotation of brake lines or bracket flipping or some such thing. Murphs' risers are 100% PLUG AND PLAY for ALL YEARS of the C14, and that includes the 2010 and up Traction Control models"!