• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Installing WOLO horns

cragantler

One of my items on my spring to do was to install my old Stebel air horn. Unfortunately, the compressor didn’t work like it used to. After searching here, went with the WOLO 308-2T Sonic Blast. Couldn’t mount in OEM location but used the holes for the radiator screen. Match the 2000 and loud as can be. Should really make a difference on my commute if some jughead cuts me off😁😁
No clearance issues with forks.
BBC05C95-3BC3-4F51-B008-2D2D33883EF5.jpeg

One of my items on my spring to do was to install my old Stebel air horn. Unfortunately, the compressor didn’t work like it used to. After searching here, went with the WOLO 308-2T Sonic Blast. Couldn’t mount in OEM location but used the holes for the radiator screen. Match the 2000 and loud as can be. Should really make a difference on my commute if some jughead cuts me off😁😁
View attachment 35255
I put the same set on my 2009 C14 last spring. They have been great with a loud report. You will love them!

What, if anything did you have to remove from bike to access the mounting location? I just ordered a set for a myself based on your recommendation!

I used the stock mounting location and made a bracket to bridge the two horns with some flat stock. Going to get my bike out of storage on Thursday and will snap and post a picture.

Brought my bike home from winter storage today. It looks like I made a Y adapter wire plugged between the horn connection, the single end went to the wire from the bike. Tried to take pictures and not sure if they help. Kind of a tight area with the tire in place.589D2D0A-5AAF-47FD-9AB9-276EF3459191.jpegE38B4EE4-25F3-4641-8EC1-02516E62A1ED.jpeg7AA75E7E-D33B-4401-ACEC-53A7BE427953.jpeg

View attachment 35255

Looking for louder horns for my C10, I picked up a HF WOLO air horn, but couldn’t find a suitable location; it was loud, but too big for the C10. Then I got a set of Seineca horns and managed to shoehorn them into the space previously used for the OEM horns, but wasn’t really happy with how they looked, or sounded.

Was planning on stripping down the bike to go through it prior to my running to the NE Area’s Spring Fling in Cumberland, MD next month. Thought this would be a good time to relocate the horns, and your location looked promising. I was a little concerned that my Super Brace might cause a problem and hem and hawed about it for a bit, then took off to a local hardware store to pick up some hardware I didn’t have….. mainly some spacers. Could have easily made some, but figured I’d just go look and see what was out there. They had them.

Once everything was kinda hand fitted into place, I was happy to find that there was no interference with the brace. It was now for full steam ahead to mount and wire them up through a relay to insure full power. Very happy with the results. Many thanks for the inspiration.

IMG_1275-L.jpg

IMG_1278-L.jpg

IMG_1276-L.jpg

Looking for louder horns for my C10, I picked up a HF WOLO air horn, but couldn’t find a suitable location; it was loud, but too big for the C10. Then I got a set of Seineca horns and managed to shoehorn them into the space previously used for the OEM horns, but wasn’t really happy with how they looked, or sounded.

Was planning on stripping down the bike to go through it prior to my running to the NE Area’s Spring Fling in Cumberland, MD next month. Thought this would be a good time to relocate the horns, and your location looked promising. I was a little concerned that my Super Brace might cause a problem and hem and hawed about it for a bit, then took off to a local hardware store to pick up some hardware I didn’t have….. mainly some spacers. Could have easily made some, but figured I’d just go look and see what was out there. They had them.

Once everything was kinda hand fitted into place, I was happy to find that there was no interference with the brace. It was now for full steam ahead to mount and wire them up through a relay to insure full power. Very happy with the results. Many thanks for the inspiration.

IMG_1275-L.jpg

IMG_1278-L.jpg

IMG_1276-L.jpg
The installation looks great! Blast them good now!