• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Intalled lowered pegs

Tundra

I installed some nice 1-3/8" lowered pegs this morning. Angled slightly back and nice one piece construction with a stunning finish. I prefer these over the brackets. I had a ride scheduled although I was awakened by severe thunder and heat lightning which broke into heavy thunder storms by 5:00am. Deal breaker for me, some still rode. Not my cup of tea.
  Glad I stayed home, wife is out, cool after the rain in the garage, music and coffee was relaxing and I'm tickled with the relief of such a small distance gain. Also added a new remote with 3M exterior ultra thin double sided tape to the console. Maybe change my oil prematurely and hope for better weather tomorrow morning.

Attachments

• IMG_20200613_125549486.jpg
    IMG_20200613_125549486.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_20200613_125450558.jpg
    IMG_20200613_125450558.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 208
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 193
Great to hear Tundra. I'm in the queue with Seth Laam for a custom seat, to combo 1.) lower me a bit and 2.) provide more comfort. Trying this route before I consider lowering bike.

Know you're anxious to try 'em out.

Tundra said:
David,
We're not far apart, if we ever meet up in-between your welcome to try it out. I'm looking at a 2015 Valkyrie today with super low miles. It's sale pending, but may fall apart. If it does I may scoop it up. I've tried everything to make my Connie comfortable and I love the bike although comforts important to my riding pleasure.
https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2015-Honda®-Gold-Wing-Valkyrie-5011894660
Thank you for the offer! I've put over 70K miles on mine in just over 4 years, ... so guess mine's a keeper :) I'm still doing some tweaks here and there. I've had a lot of bikes over the years, and for me this has been the absolute best.

Hey, that Valkyrie is super sharp. Hope it works out for you ... or the one you're supposed to have man!

Well that Valkyrie sold yesterday although I was able to ride one at a closer dealer. I wasn't interested in this one, just used them for a test ride. It was fun and impressive, low center of gravity, low saddle handles like a dream. I was happy to get back on my Connie. I wouldn't want the Valkyrie as an only bike, but would be fun to have as a second bike.
So I adjusted my shift peg and bled and adjusted my rear brake pedal. Mucho bettero!! I've always been a hater of my brakes on this bike...well that has been cured. My bike had recall work done at Kawasaki and I assumed it was done properly from a dealer (when I bought it)
I got air out and the pedal was not adjusted properly. The peg lowering I did caused me to re-adjust and found this. The brakes are working as they should and everything is properly adjusted. The 1-3/8 drop doesn't sound like much but made a noticeable difference for me. I do notice that now my right heel contacts my pipe and my left heel contacts the center stand. The bike runs flawlessly like an absolute monster and I will keep it. I just need to continue tweaking the comfort for me. I did not care for the 2" risers or the stock position so I will try the 1" risers. I can't think of a single bike I haven't had to spend cash on to increase the comfort level and don't want to start all over again.
  First pic is Clearwater Inter-Coastal waterway. The second pic is Clearwater Pass and the Sand Key bridge in the background. Got a nice little ride in. So I will keep it another season and keep the cash in my pocket for chicken wings.

Attachments

• IMG_20200614_092245071.jpg
    IMG_20200614_092245071.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_20200614_092710664.jpg
    IMG_20200614_092710664.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 131
Stopped for lunch at Charlies Cheese Steaks, a first time for me. I was surprisingly good for a fast food type place. The wings were awesome. Cheese Steak & Wing combo fries and drink for $10 bucks. Home early enough to beat the heat again...left home 74°f arrive home 92°

Attachments

• IMG_20200612_123715201.jpg
    IMG_20200612_123715201.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_20200612_123814641.jpg
    IMG_20200612_123814641.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20200614_095711297.jpg
    IMG_20200614_095711297.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 135
And a real deal steak sandwich like that never hurts!  :great: 

Gotta love those fake steak subs they try to pass off as the real thing. Lousy bun, processed "steakum" - thin as paper meat, and that disgusting yellow liquid that they call "cheese" on it. Those things are gross, but the one you have here is epic and everyone should be so lucky!!  :beerchug:

Enjoy the ride,
Jon 

Interested in knowing more about the lower pegs. What brand /model are they? Are they just a drop peg and therefore didn't have the change out the brackets and or add a whole lowering bracket ? Would be great to just swap out the pegs!

How good is the double sided tape holding on?  I'd be worried that remote won't be there after returning from a ride.

How good is the double sided tape holding on? I'd be worried that remote won't be there after returning from a ride.
No worries, it's 3m commercial outdoor use, ultra thin. Same quality used for automotive badging/emblems. I've used it on my autos and motorcycles for many years.

Tundra, may I ask you why you went this route with the lower pegs versus the whole AST kit that includes the complete bracket set?
I think I'm going to want to do one of these methods.
Thanks, Eric

Tundra, may I ask you why you went this route with the lower pegs versus the whole AST kit that includes the complete bracket set?
I think I'm going to want to do one of these methods.
Thanks, Eric
Eric, I do not care for the bracket set. (Many do) It's just personal preference. I prefer the very clean look of the peg without the bracket set, simple 5 minute install. It just works for me.

Eric, I do not care for the bracket set. (Many do) It's just personal preference. I prefer the very clean look of the peg without the bracket set, simple 5 minute install. It just works for me.
Tundra, was it a big deal to re position the shifter and brake pedal to make up for the lower peg location?
I’m trying to decide which way to go either your way or the AST kit.
Thanks in advance Eric

I also just put the Knight Design lower pegs on my 2009.
I went this way, as my bike has a slip on pipe, and the lower brackets wont work with it.
The pegs are great, moved both the shifter and the brake pedal in about an hour.

Tundra, was it a big deal to re position the shifter and brake pedal to make up for the lower peg location?
I’m trying to decide which way to go either your way or the AST kit.
Thanks in advance Eric
Eric, the adjustment is very simple, no experience required. If you have a manual that would be a help. I know I've read good posts here previously (don't remember by who) if you use the search function you may find some good info. Also, various You Tube Concours videos which can be a huge help and a good visual aid if you are not familiar with the bike yet. Honestly I think it took me about 60 seconds to do the shift side, including marking the previous setting incase I ever go back to the stock pegs. Brake side was more involved but simple. I was not able to get enough adjustment for my liking. There is a Modification which you can read about on this forum to get that extra adjustment. I didn't do it as do not use my rear brakes anymore. My rear brakes are horrible wonky brakes, I've gone though everything, they just sucked from day one. Mine is a 2012 year. They have since been improved in the later models. I came close to selling this bike over the brakes, now I simply use the front under normal conditions as they are linked and that seems to work.
Best of luck, easy stuff you can do it.

Last edited: