• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Is anyone getting ready to buy a new Sargent Seat?

I'm not looking to buy one, but thought this might be good place to ask my question. I am looking at used Concours and one had sargent seat, which i think would be a plus. But I am 6'1" with 32" inseam and the seat is a lowered one. I am thinking that would not be good for me? I never had issue flat footing on Connies I've ridden and think this would just cause more knee bend. Just wanted to see thoughts. If mod wants to make this own thread that's fine.

I'm not looking to buy one, but thought this might be good place to ask my question. I am looking at used Concours and one had sargent seat, which i think would be a plus. But I am 6'1" with 32" inseam and the seat is a lowered one. I am thinking that would not be good for me? I never had issue flat footing on Connies I've ridden and think this would just cause more knee bend. Just wanted to see thoughts. If mod wants to make this own thread that's fine.
my 2013 came with stock and Seargent low, which was the touring foam model and the butt part was more comfy, however as you surmised, us with longer inseams can have leg/knee bending issues. I went back to the stock and have gotten used to it. 500 mile days with minimal Monkey Butt.

I'm 6'2" 34" inseam. The stock seating position is OK, but still thinking about peg lowers. No way I would want a lower seat, and I don't think you would, either.

I'm 6'2" 34" inseam. The stock seating position is OK, but still thinking about peg lowers.

I would go with a taller seat from the maker of your choice. I have 34" inseam also & my seat is 1 1/2" - 1 3/4" taller than stock which works well for me. Lower pegs will just be easier to scrap.

I would go with a taller seat from the maker of your choice. I have 34" inseam also & my seat is 1 1/2" - 1 3/4" taller than stock which works well for me. Lower pegs will just be easier to scrap.
Thanks for the reply Cliff. I had peg lowers on my fjr, and indeed they were easier to touch down. I read in other threads on the Connie that lower pegs put to pegs on the same position as the feelers. Did you try the lower pegs on the Connie? I really don't want to mess up the rider to windscreen relationship with a taller seat (plus the expense).

Thanks for the reply Cliff. I had peg lowers on my fjr, and indeed they were easier to touch down. I read in other threads on the Connie that lower pegs put to pegs on the same position as the feelers. Did you try the lower pegs on the Connie? I really don't want to mess up the rider to windscreen relationship with a taller seat (plus the expense).

Nope, never have tried the lowered pegs.

I have lowered pegs on my c14 and they do scrape easily. Recently a friend and I were camping and riding the Arkansas twisties, and while sitting around the camp we decided to measure my lowered pegs and the feelers on his pegs, they measured the same distance to the ground BUT the lowered pegs stuck out further than the feelers which would make them touch sooner than the feelers.

Tcars
Dale

Last edited:
I put sportybike metal pegs similar to Comp Werkes, bevel edge for more ground clearance, no rubber pad for about 3/4" less knee bend. Made a noticeable difference.

I have lowered pegs on my c14 and they do scrape easily. Recently a friend and I were camping and riding the Arkansas twisties, and while sitting around the camp we decided to measure my lowered pegs and the feelers on his pegs, they measured the same distance to the ground BUT the lowered pegs stuck out further than the feelers which would make them touch sooner than the feelers.

Tcars
Dale
Well that's not worth it to me. The stock riding position will have to do. Probably ok... I think my 1k mile riding days are over, anyway.

Well that's not worth it to me. The stock riding position will have to do. Probably ok... I think my 1k mile riding days are over, anyway.
Yeah, my bike came with the lowered pegs, if I can find a set of the stock pegs I'll probably switch them out, even though I probably have them ground down to the point that they don't scrape as much. šŸ˜…

I put sportybike metal pegs similar to Comp Werkes, bevel edge for more ground clearance, no rubber pad for about 3/4" less knee bend. Made a noticeable difference.
I took the pads off my stock pegs and ground the outside curve down. Gained 3/4 also. Noticable improvement.

I just took the pads off and tried it. After I decided I wasn't going back I ground down the curved up portion on the ends.
Any chance you could post a picture of your pegs with pads off and ground down? I could use a touch lower peg.

Attachments

• PXL_20210720_222751920.jpg
    PXL_20210720_222751920.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 169
I just took the pads off and tried it. After I decided I wasn't going back I ground down the curved up portion on the ends.
Thanks for the picture. I seem to be having a foot problems on the right side. I might try this and see if it makes a difference. Also considering a wider peg. Thanks again