• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Is fairing protection a 'thing' anymore?

bueller

Being unfashionably late to the party, the canyon cages are not available anymore. What other options are out there these days? Might have to make my own, but would rather just buy than spend a bunch of time on it......

Frank

Right on...had trouble finding t-rex’s in stock on the few sites I looked at..honestly I like the CC’s the best, so I might hold out for those. They just have an organic flow to them somehow, lol
You would think MC could just sell him the plans/tools since they don’t want nothing to do with it anymore....I’ll follow up here in a bit with Gary.

Frank

I ordered my complete set direct from T-Rex. If you go to their web site you can send them a message and they will email you when the the item you want is back in stock and then you have to jump on it. When I looked for my complete set, engine, luggage and front wheel slider [$405.00 ?] they estimated two months before they would have them in stock again. I got any any email in about a month that they had six sets. I bought mine that day and the six sets were gone within a few days.

By the way. They make a great product. Under C-14 Classifieds for a set of Canyon Cages someone mentioned that they had read somewhere that the luggage guards interfered with the rear suspension. Maybe another product on another bike, but no way on the C-14, Impossible. I"ll try and post a pic of how they attach so anyone can see that would not be possible.  Also no cutting of the plastic and once you have installed them I figure you can uninstall them in 15 mins and re-install them in 20 mins with ease.  The fit is perfect, the holes, plates, etc all line up just like they should no pulling, pushing or cussing! Finally one really nice feature is that the "crash bars" have  separate/independent wear strips made out of aluminium screwed to the bars so if the bike does go over the aluminium bars take the scrap, not the powder coated bars and you can replace the aluminium ones.  :beerchug: :beerchug: 

WFL said:
I ordered my complete set direct from T-Rex. If you go to their web site you can send them a message and they will email you when the the item you want is back in stock and then you have to jump on it. When I looked for my complete set, engine, luggage and front wheel slider [$405.00 ?] they estimated two months before they would have them in stock again. I got any any email in about a month that they had six sets. I bought mine that day and the six sets were gone within a few days.

By the way. They make a great product. Under C-14 Classifieds for a set of Canyon Cages someone mentioned that they had read somewhere that the luggage guards interfered with the rear suspension. Maybe another product on another bike, but no way on the C-14, Impossible. I"ll try and post a pic of how they attach so anyone can see that would not be possible.  Also no cutting of the plastic and once you have installed them I figure you can uninstall them in 15 mins and re-install them in 20 mins with ease.  The fit is perfect, the holes, plates, etc all line up just like they should no pulling, pushing or cussing! Finally one really nice feature is that the "crash bars" have  separate/independent wear strips made out of aluminium screwed to the bars so if the bike does go over the aluminium bars take the scrap, not the powder coated bars and you can replace the aluminium ones.  :beerchug: :beerchug:
Here's Henry's bike the the T-Rex bars installed.

Attachments

• IMG_20200731_082638.jpg
    IMG_20200731_082638.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20200731_082744.jpg
    IMG_20200731_082744.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_20200801_095356.jpg
    IMG_20200801_095356.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_20200731_082705.jpg
    IMG_20200731_082705.jpg