• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

It's so on: 5th Annual Jennings GP Sport-Touring School

The curriculum has seven modules. At the top of every hour you will first be in class for the first 20 minutes of the hour followed by 20 minutes of track time and then 20 minutes in the paddock for debriefing. There will be seven classroom sessions and one practical session in the paddock. In the seventh session you learn a couple of new finite skills that you will integrate to the prior six skills you learned In the seventh session you blend all skills together to make one seamless new riding style! The curriculum is highly refined with clear direction of which corners the skills should be practiced in. I take for granted that most of you already know what this class is about. It is transformational.

I have a lot of fun at this event even though I'm not on the track. The kind words mean a lot Kurt thank you

Thank you Doug! I appreciate your time and our phone conversation earlier today. I know I need this, besides the fun aspect of it. Now, let's see what I can do to make it happen!

I'll give this some thought, my C14 is starting to get up in miles so I'm not sure about another track flogging on it. May just come camp & hang out.

Good on ya for doing this again Doug! Always a good time.

You got 7 days left to sign up before we close out sign ups because we're filling it from two websites. Just saying

Unfortunately, I can't make it (again). Can't afford to fork out the $$$s for event, suit, travel expenses, etc. at this time. It's well worth the fees, but I've got to pay Uncle Sam big bucks on taxes this year. :(

Doug, I'm hoping this is still a go this year. I see that not many people have signed up on our site yet. I'll still be a spectator helping out behind the scene again but its still fun. Officially retired as of today Yeh! Now it's time for more trips.

I just signed up . I need to get some new rubber put on ASAP It will be a long drive down there (10.5 HRS ) but will be worth it .

Where can I find a track map download ???

C YA soon

I just signed up . I need to get some new rubber put on ASAP It will be a long drive down there (10.5 HRS ) but will be worth it .

Where can I find a track map download ???

C YA soon
See attached.

Attachments

• JenningsJP_TrackMap (Blank).jpg
    JenningsJP_TrackMap (Blank).jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 164
It's gonna b cold in TN. Why not borrow a friend's trailer, or rent a pickup cheap? Rental agencies are lowering their prices lately.... Gov't rate is around 50c/m, u could put that on a rental instead of urs.....

I'm still considering it, but can't find someone to trailer in with me from Houston. {or on the road to Jennings's}
Anyone interested?

Ride safe, Ted

Looks like a good group for this weekend. I hope you guys have drawn your track maps. Doing so enables you to know the track before you get there and get the most out of the morning sessions. It would be a pity if you spent the whole morning learning the track and not able to practice your exercises.

My recommendation on how to learn the track map is to look at it on Google images and draw it on blank pieces of paper several times and then see if you can draw it without looking. After doing so write in the turn numbers. Then get another piece of paper and from memory of looking at the track see if you can write down the letter that corresponds to the direction of the track For instance l for left are for right. Just write the letters like this lllrllrlrlllrr. Then try to imagine yourself coming out of a certain turn and have your buddy quiz you. Be able to tell them which direction the turn is and what comes next. Then watch a YouTube video of an amateur CCS race at Jennings so that you can see what their positions are on the track. I recommend watching an amateur race video not because you're racing because you're definitely not but only because those guys know how to do it correctly. You don't want to watch somebody doing it wrong 😂 when you watch the video you can see features of the track like viewpoints and then you can start drawing things on your map like trees and barricades and tire marks and such. Bring this track map with you to the track walk on Friday late afternoon and bring a pen. We're going to draw more features in. Then bring it with you to class on Saturday.

If anybody has questions or they're nervous reach out to me. Nervous is good it keeps you on your toes and keeps you a ton of. Scared is what you shouldn't be and there's no reason to be scared. Remember we're not racing and you're going to be doing 70 or 80% of your speed abilities so that you have leeway to learn new things. Coming to the track walk is one of those things that's going to help quell your fears. It's an opportunity to go out there and relax choke up a little.

I recommend bringing a whole gallon of water for Saturday. This is an athletic workout. Many guys are so tired that they're laying on the classroom floor before the end of the day. I hope that you eat healthy and avoid things that make you tired during the day. Don't eat too much for lunch because it robs you of your energy. Seventh session is the wrap up that brings together everything you've done at each individual session and puts it all into one with a few finishing touches. The first time I did this it was transformational.

See you guys on Friday!

The 2021 Sport Touring School was fun. Enjoyed the class, I learn something new each year. This year I've improved on body positioning to increase my lean WITH EASE on those apexes. EPIPHANY

Agreed class was amazing. Who would have though front break and gas at the same time ever. Especially going into a turn. Magic. Just one of the many takeaways. And to be able to actually go out onto the track and practice at speeds. I am a better rider for sure. Thanks Doug and COG for putting it together. See you at National in June.

Track offers 90% of its grip even while wet. The track is like velcro. It dried up one point. Wet track didn't cause any accidents. I saw a dramatic change in writing style by the end of the day. Earlier in the day everybody turned in too early. By the end of the day people were trailbraking in and doing late apexes, double apexes, two finger braking, high rpm's in turns, good body positioning in corners....wow. I hope everyone keeps these skills when returning to public roadways.

If you forgot to look at your photographs contact Preston At trackside photography. Great for memories and it also can teach you a lot because you can analyze it to see what you're doing right and wrong. He's offering a discount rate of $30 for our people he usually charges $40. "Photo" http://jenningsgp.com/photo.html

Attachments

• PXL_20210205_223410879.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20210205_223410879.NIGHT.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 145
  • PXL_20210207_033051771.jpg
    PXL_20210207_033051771.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 145
  • PXL_20210206_232414682.jpg
    PXL_20210206_232414682.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 154
  • PXL_20210206_194131912.jpg
    PXL_20210206_194131912.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 145
  • PXL_20210205_223431845.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20210205_223431845.NIGHT.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 143
The 2021 COG Sport Touring School was fun. We had 14 in attendance and 10 in the school. We all had a great time, the weather was cold and wet but the energy among us greater. Bill Reed (BMW NE FL) brought the BMW caldron, with Bill and Chris Mazuros bringing wood you can imagine the nightly Bon Fires! Chris Mazuros, Ramon Bogart and Tom Boyle helped Doug behind the scenes, setting up and keeping the group informed and directing the riders to each class and ride . As everyone could attest the day was so busy that we had trouble staying on schedule. But with seven 20-minute track sessions there was plenty opportunity to exercise all the skills. As a group we went out to the Farmhouse Restaurant on Friday night and The Rodeo, our favorite Mexican restaurant, on Saturday night. We had 3 attendees that came from North Central region Paul and Lisa Richardson from Nashville Tennessee, Jay Knockenhaur from Chicago, Illinois and Brad Steinmann from Cincinnati, Ohio all down from the cold to join in on the festivities. Luke Elloway is our unofficial Hard Luck award recipient because he rode to the track in the rain the whole way. Thanks to the rest of the 2021 COG Sport Touring School attendees, Mike Parkhurst, David Zierk, Kevin Cummings and Richard Praytor. What a great group of guys! Thank you for making this year another successful and fun event.

Looking forward to doing this again next year. 🏍️💨

Certificates will be coming to all of you who successfully completed the 2021 COG Sport Touring School class.

Wendy Royster

Attachments

• PXL_20210205_224532195.jpg
    PXL_20210205_224532195.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
THANKS ,
fun time , good to meet new people.

If you have never none this before ................................................... DO IT , you will not regret it , the best money you can spend is on YOURSELF

(y)(y)(y)

I would like to thank Doug for putting this together and to everyone else that helped him.
Great weekend and good to make new friends.