• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Ivan's Performance Black Widow Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff.C

************ Some have followed my post of 44 MM throttle Bodies and 2006 ZX14 Exhaust Camshaft Just an FYI The camshaft has been removed and the ZG Cam Installed *************
Rode up to Ivan's shop in Greenville on Saturday.

Ivan gave me the full shop tour along with a look at the custom-built software he uses, the amazing thing is being able to sample different flashes that he stored to various ECU's IPP equipment can disable the KIPASS immobilizer so testing before buying it or even Comparing to your OEM or Tuner before you purchase is not a problem.
If you live in the Southeast and you're riding up towards Maggy Valley or Deals Gap, then ride on over instead of shipping your ECU!
Just riding around on service roads and back roads Ivan’s B.W. tune transformed my Concours engine from a feeling of pulsing power to the feeling of having a High Torq electric motor, smoothness, along with shifting that was fluid, honestly like almost having a quick shifter due to not detecting any pitching or yawing of the bike's chassis.
There was no abrupt or jerking throttle that could be detected anywhere, and no drive line clunk when rolling off or on, how he programmed that left me impressed!
Even his programming for cold starts of how the bike delayed a steady climb from 1000 to 2000 rpm in what I feel giving the oil time for circulation is a nice feature.
Power felt strong and built in a linear climb and that was with the KTRC activated, switch it off, wheelie time almost to the top of second gear and you move your weight forward to drop the front wheel only to realize you are passed the MPH for a ticket to court but instead driven to court in Handcuffs!

Status
Not open for further replies.