• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Jacket for big guys

Hawk600

Trying to buy a Adventure/ Touring jacket...(bull size)  ;) 

So far it's been a hassle... I am a big guy (5.10/260lbs) with large chest and thick upper arms and most of the gear is either too short or too smal sort of European fit so the even the larger numbers won't fit.

I am looking for a jacket with mesh and protection, any suggestion of brands/ models that will fit a large sized person?

Bud said:
Sounds like a custom jacket would be an option.  https://www.motoport.com/

Best decision I ever made. Have 5 or 6 jackets I used to wear. Wear this one year round and it fits . Going on 3rd or 4th season now. Did wear Alpinestars and quality stuff but I will never go back. Stop at the laundromat throw it in the heavy duty warsher (as we say in IN) and wash. Put it on and ride to dry.

I have a motoport as well. 

Wearing like IRON.  For a custom fit, it could have been better -- but overall a good investment.

KLIM has THE longest arms of any jacket I've EVER tried on.  So there's THAT.  ::)

gr

Thank you for the feedback, I am checking Motoport, they look great, besides they are on the expensive side for my budget.
For size reference purposes, I found out yesterday that a 2XL Joe Rocket Ballistics jacket fits very well, so anything comparable in size might work.

That's not big, I'm 6'4" and 370lbs. 😁
I wear a Richa Infinity2 as they go to 12XL.
Not sure if they are available in the US.

Looked at the Richa, nice jacket but I could not find them available in US.
Tomorrow I will visit a couple local dealers as they stating they have some big and tall options in store.
A nice excuse to ride more as well... :)
:beerchug:

First Gear Kilimanjaro runs big...and my favorite big jacket.

https://firstgear-usa.com/product/3/375-kilimanjaro-jacket

I actually just bought a First Gear Kilimanjaro, really nice jacket.

I got a 3XL and is more on the loose side than tight fit however since it is a shell only jacket I will  have room enough for a liner when colder weather arrives. and that will fit nicely. It has a lot of adjustments as well and I already customized it to fit tighter.

Best thing it was a local dealer closeout and I paid less than half of normal retail price :)

:beerchug:

Hawk600 said:
Thank you for the feedback, I am checking Motoport, they look great, besides they are on the expensive side for my budget.
For size reference purposes, I found out yesterday that a 2XL Joe Rocket Ballistics jacket fits very well, so anything comparable in size might work.

My Joe Rocket fit me well when I was 50 pounds heavier. It was the first jacket that fit.

Joe Rocket. I am 5 10 350 and I wear their 5xl and it's big on me. I have had a low-speed crash in the Joe Rocket and it protected me. I have two of them I have the mesh one and I have the 3 season.

I'm 6'3", 280lbs. I just ordered a Pilot Motosport Trans Urban V2 jacket 4XL (silver) and a pair of Pilot Dura pants 4XL. I also ordered a pair of Pilot XL winter riding gloves. The jacket is excellent and fits me very well with a little extra room. The pants are the same fit, good with a bit extra. The gloves are very snug, but fit good. Excellent gear for the money. I ordered this stuff on Amazon.

OK I'm a little late to the conversation but I have to throw my 2 cents in.  I'm 6'4" and tipping the scales at 445lbs, I wear Joe Rocket size 5XL and that's about all that will fit me unless I go custom.

As said by other members. Check out Aerostich. Looking at their basic size chart there is something that will fit you. Good gear costs $$, however feeling comfortable to ride at all times is invaluable and keeps you riding. I have ridden nearly 2k miles riding using; Killimenjaro, Klim Lattitude, Aerostich Darien and Roadcrafter and have just purchased their transit 3 (after trying an eBay purchase of BMW Atlantis not correctly sized). Nearly 100,000 miles was riding Aerostich both commuting to work and touring. Aerostich has been the best universal riding gear for me. I ride 30 day camping trips and ride to meetings where I need to be wearing a suit

Klim has excellent big guy sizes in their jackets. Their sizing charts are very accurate. The Latitude is excellent for a touring jacket. For a full suit, the Hardanger is also a great piece of kit.

btw, I'm 5'11" and about 270, so pretty close to you and Klim 2XL stuff fits me very well. (not pants, just jackets and the Hardanger)

Late to the party, but I am 5'11' and 280lbs, broad shoulders and thick neck.  I wear an Xelement jacket that is shorter than I would prefer, but it fits pretty well otherwise.

Hi Dante,

I'm right at 6'0", ~260 Lbs, 33" inseam and looong arms.
I have a First Gear Mesh-Tex jacket sized XL. Plenty of room, even with the wind-proof liner in place.
I just looked and it appears they've stopped making this model, but lots of stores seem to still have them.
I think they they run/ran in the $170 range.

HiSport said:
Call Aerostich

www.aerostich.com/‎(866) 672-8709

Investing in quality comfortable riding gear is the best motorcycle investment after the bike. Quality well fit gear will have you riding more often and more comfortably taking advantage of your motorcycle. I am a smaller rider size than you are. Me and my wife have ridden in Kilimanjaro, Klim Lattitude, and Aerostich Darien. By far Aerostich has provided the widest stock sizing and offers custom alterations to each sizing option. I hope this helps.

Richard said:
I'm 6'3", 280lbs. I just ordered a Pilot Motosport Trans Urban V2 jacket 4XL (silver) and a pair of Pilot Dura pants 4XL. I also ordered a pair of Pilot XL winter riding gloves. The jacket is excellent and fits me very well with a little extra room. The pants are the same fit, good with a bit extra. The gloves are very snug, but fit good. Excellent gear for the money. I ordered this stuff on Amazon.
Transurban V2 is a beautifully made garment, but much heavier than i expected and i ended up returning it. I love my Pilot Leathers and my Pilot V2 mesh jacket.  The pilot mesh jacket may be the greatest value proposition in summer jackets at $100. Maybe an opinion everyone has seen before, but my 2 piece Roadcrafter is the best investment ive made in 35 years of buying motorcycle gear. The Klim stuff i ordered was also returned, but only because I'm very trim. Im 6' but have very wide shoulders and long arms 73" reach,  the klim XL fit me perfectly in the arms and shoulders, but the gut area had room for my torso plus a medium sized dog. So if you're a bit girthy and looking for off the rack, try on some Klim jackets, they're really great and stylish. Otherwise, I really can't recommend a Roadcrafter, Roadcrafter Light or Darien suit highly enough. I also just ordered a custom Langlitz Cascade in brown goat leather, the jacket ive wanted since i was a boy, lyfe is short. Happy shopping.  :))