• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Jack's Resort Arkansas Rally 9/21 - 9/23 2018

kv5e

South Central Area Director - COG 5063
Staff member
Time to get ready and register for the Fall Arkansas Rally at Jack's Report in Mountain View, Arkansas. Jack's Resort offers room lodging, camping, and RV hookups. Located just north of Mountain View, AR or AR Highway 5, Jack's is a great base for tyre scrubbing along many of Arkansas' best curvy twisties including Push Mountain Road, AR 341.  :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: ;D ;D ;D :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: With a nice onsite pavilion, an evening meal on Saturday Night will be served as well as breakfast on Saturday morning.

A nightly campfire will also be provided for bench racing and good conversation.  :campfire:

Please register as soon as possible so we can have an accurate headcount and you can book the better rooms. Mention COG on making your reservations.

Come a day early for extra Ozark Mountain riding time! Fishing Guides, boats, and other water craft available for rent from Jack's.

http://www.jacksresort.com/

Event Location: Jack's Resort -  Phone Number for Lodging/Camping Reservations - (870)585-2211​

Address: 212 Hayden Heights Rd. , Mountain View , AR  72560

Directions: About 6 miles North of Mountain View on Hwy 5. After you cross Hwy 9 the turn in is about 1/2 mile on the right. It will be Hayden Heights Rd.

Contact Information for the event host is on the the registration page:

https://cog.memberize.net/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=249260&mo=9&tDate=%7Bd%20%272018%2D09%2D05%27%7D#

Butch Youngblood

No can do this year, someone else already has those days for vacation.
Grrrrrrrrr !!! These real jobs sure get in the way of my riding.

Jim Snyder said:
No can do this year, someone else already has those days for vacation.
Grrrrrrrrr !!! These real jobs sure get in the way of my riding.

Jim, we will really miss you.......I'll be glad when I retire........but they are holding big bags of cash in front of me at work. :Woot_Emoticon:

MotoCommuter said:
What are the COG rates for rooms? I didn't see any posted.

Between $65 and $80 depending on the building. Some rooms have complete kitchens and a porch that faces the river.

Craig

rbentdude said:
Marty and I plan on having spaghetti on Friday night.

:D  No telling what the rest of you will get. PB&J? :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------

What Butch meant to say was that the planned Friday evening dinner for registered members and guests will be Spaghetti with meat sauce (beef), salad, and some sort of garlic bread.
Saturday's planned dinner was Hamburger's and dogs, but between now and then I'm going to try and persuade Butch into offering hamburgers and Italian sausage (contains pork) instead. Wish me luck.

I can help out on garlic toast.....i have a great recipe.

Maybe a strolling accordion player and gondolas in the river can help set the mood!!!!  :)) :rotflmao: ;D

thats the weekend of the wifes birthday, her 50th. might need to stay home for that one.  or I might need to disappear never know with this one..

:'(
To all I hope you have an amazing get together at Jacks this year.  Sadly I'm not going to be able to make it.  It's a favorite of mine and it's hard to pass up but the decision is out of my control.  Butch / Marty I wish you good weather and smooth riding.  I know I promised to be there and I'm sorry.  Next time I'll try harder to be there.

Not So Wild Turkey said:
:'(
To all I hope you have an amazing get together at Jacks this year.  Sadly I'm not going to be able to make it.  It's a favorite of mine and it's hard to pass up but the decision is out of my control.  Butch / Marty I wish you good weather and smooth riding.  I know I promised to be there and I'm sorry.  Next time I'll try harder to be there.

Robert, we have been praying for your full and quick recovery! Pamela and I are sorry you will not be there and if there is anything you need from us just ask!

We'll raise a glass to your joining us soon!

Get well and there's a few trips out to The Shed after cool down coming.

Craig and Pamela

The wife and I visited Jack’s today.  Fish and service was awesome!!!!
But the road surface on the north end of Push Mountain Road was poor and the south half was fresh oil and chip. Still lots of fun, but a slower fun.

We took 14 all the way to Yellville, it was a lot of fun for us Illinois flatlanders :)

Robert:
We will miss you for sure. I hope your recovery progresses quickly. I know you have been through a lot of pain already. :'(
Next year will be better I hope.

Bikejunkie1013 said:
The wife and I visited Jack’s today.  Fish and service was awesome!!!!
But the road surface on the north end of Push Mountain Road was poor and the south half was fresh oil and chip. Still lots of fun, but a slower fun.

We took 14 all the way to Yellville, it was a lot of fun for us Illinois flatlanders :)

16 from Clinton over to 123 is a great road as well.

We are currently staying in Shell Knob, MO but love JoJo’s fish so we rode 255 mile round trip for lunch. Did Eureka Springs today. But head home tomorrow to be at work on Friday.
Can’t wait for retirement.....

Things are working out, "this year" I will finally be there.
                                                  :sign0151:

(Yea, I know what your thinking. "There goes the neighborhood".)

Ride safe, Ted

Update; I just called the resort to see if rooms were still available, and the owner said only 2 have booked rooms???
            Maybe the majority plan to camp??
              C'mon yall. Butch set up a ride for us.
                          Try to be there!!

This looks like a rain out from the forecasts I've seen.

Thursday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 72. South wind around 5 mph.
Friday
A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 87. West wind around 5 mph.
Friday Night
A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 64. North wind around 5 mph.
Saturday
A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 74. Northeast wind around 5 mph.
Saturday Night
A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Cloudy, with a low around 62. East northeast wind around 5 mph.
Sunday
Showers and thunderstorms likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 74. East southeast wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Sunday Night
A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 65.

I talked to Butch and he said the ride is on.

Craig

Ride up on Thursday looks good, taking the scenic route, but will definitely get to try out the new rain gear at some point during the weekend.  How many we got?  Five or so?  Have to say I am excited to check this place out.  Looking forward to meeting ya'll.

Ptttt, I made it and all were glad to see me!!

Thursday we stopped by Cliff's on the way up and visited with him. (arrived at Jack's late)
Friday we had only a few light showers and rode about 300 miles of fantastic twisties.
Saturday it rained and we set around and talked lied about our riding skills..
Got home Sunday evening.
  As I was towing, the trip home wasn't bad.
  I suspect everyone else got a serious bath...
              {Most of them needed it anyway}..  :rotflmao:

Butch and Marty did a heck of a job putting it on... Saaaaalute!
Overall, it was a great weekend with 1 negative..
  That negative is; "so few attended"...
                                  More of ya, shoulda been there!  :motonoises:

Ride safe, Ted