• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

July 16th Day ride?

ADVTRACKER

Trying to gauge interest in a day ride Sat July 16th.  It would be out of Gig Harbor most likely heading either NW or SW, haven't decided yet.  Meet for breakfast then head out.  I also have two guest rooms available if anyone is coming a longer distance.  ;D  (To include a deck looking over Puget Sound with sarsaparilla included.)

Please let me know if anyone feels they might attend this day ride.  If it works out, I might plan a 2-day run to Winthrop and back for some of us NW folks later on in the summer. 

Lone-Rider said:
I'd be up for that!

Oh no.  It just figures!  Just got a call from a relative that's coming to a conference from out of town and want's to stay Fri night/Sat. 
Can you/anyone else make weekdays?  Retirees?  Flexible jobs?

WingCon said:
Lone-Rider said:
I'd be up for that!

Oh no.  It just figures!  Just got a call from a relative that's coming to a conference from out of town and want's to stay Fri night/Sat. 

What are you doing the following weekend?

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
WingCon said:
Lone-Rider said:
I'd be up for that!

What are you doing the following weekend?

I could do Sunday July 24th, but scheduled out Sat the 23rd.  I'd probably wait until July before I posted it "just in case".  What say you?  Weekdays are great for me, but that's 'cause I'm a "hate work" person.  ;D

I'd be up to a ride to Winthrop too. I'd have to meet someplace prior to Winthrop though to be any fun though.

I'm interested. I live in Gig Harbot too and really need to get out on more recreational rides instead of just the daily commute to work. I'm out of town 15-18 July but available the following two weekends.

KoonKranky said:
I'm interested. I live in Gig Harbot too and really need to get out on more recreational rides instead of just the daily commute to work. I'm out of town 15-18 July but available the following two weekends.

Are you ever available on weekdays?

WingCon said:
KoonKranky said:

Are you ever available on weekdays?

I'll look at a two-day Winthrop trip later on.  Sept maybe.  Accommodations there are a bit pricy during the summer season there though if that's an issue with anyone.
Also, If anyone in the Gig Harbor area is interested in weekday rides from The Harbor to points west for a day trip, let me know.  I'm semi-retired, and my Thurs - Sundays is mostly spent out at the Ridge Motorsports Park; bike and car track days through end of Sept.  Fun to just come out and watch too if you want.  I can do track rides in the Vette, but no backseaters on my GSXR.  :-\.  PM me for questions.
Also, I notice there's two new Coggers right near here where I live.  One in Gig Harbor, the other a recent new member from Burley.  If you guys are monitoring this, please feel free to PM me and I'll try to set up a day ride on a mutually agreeable date.

Joe, if you like I can check the prices on a motorcycle friendly "motel" in Twisp. I've seen GoldWings in there a couple of times. Has cabins. I  was working PT up there years ago for TPD and dropped in on a guy with a 08 C14. He thought he was in some sort of trouble until I told him I just wanted to talk about his bike because I was thinking of getting one.

Gumby said:
I got a cabin in Mazama that could sleep three or four of us.

That's cool Gumby and Tim.  Let's discuss it at the Ribbon.  Central WA is really hot in July/Aug anyway. 
Taking off for a 10 day trip down the OR coast then over to Joseph, OR next weekend with pillion accessory.  She demands the Wing for the long trips.  ::)

I probably won't be doing the Ribbon.  :??:  Yes it can be a bit warm over here during the summer. I did see a cartoon which pretty much hit the nail on the head though....50 degrees.....westside people go out on picnics, eastside people are putting coats on.

Last weekend my American Legion Post Riders meet with Bellinghams American Legion Post Riders for a meet and grret at the over look on top of Washington pass on SR-20 for a meet and greet. We then went to Three Fingers Jacks in Winhtrop for lunch. A 100 degrees it was in town while on top of the pass the need for jackets came up because of the really cold air.

So I checked with http://www.idle-a-while-motel.com/

Idle-Awhile-Motel in Twisp. Rates 1 Queen $90.00
                                                    2 double beds $97.00 + hide a bed $105.00
                                                    1 Queen with Kitchenette or Cottage $105.00
                                                    2 bed Cottage $112.00
                                                    3 bed Cottage $120.00

There is a ten persent discout for those over 60.

1st weekend in July is open.
!st and last weekends in Aug is open.

Lady I talked to is a former BMW rider/owner and has done every state in the lower 48.

Just a FYI....Tim

TimR said:
So I checked with http://www.idle-a-while-motel.com/

Idle-Awhile-Motel in Twisp. Rates 1 Queen $90.00
                                                    2 double beds $97.00 + hide a bed $105.00
                                                    1 Queen with Kitchenette or Cottage $105.00
                                                    2 bed Cottage $112.00
                                                    3 bed Cottage $120.00

There is a ten persent discout for those over 60.

1st weekend in July is open.
!st and last weekends in Aug is open.

Lady I talked to is a former BMW rider/owner and has done every state in the lower 48.

Just a FYI....Tim

Sorry Tim, haven't been on COGMOS for awhile.  Can't make those dates.  Will send you a PM. 

A different motel in Republic? Joe pointed out in a PM we don't have a regional scheduled yet.