• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

JULY 23 Sunrise Cantina RTE--Sunrise Beach Missouri (meet in the middle)

Rasmith

Folks,

Please make this ride. The lunch destination is great. Excellent affordable food with great service. Last year the hosts were very accommodating.

Unfortunately I have been pulled out of State on business however I am still going to set up a meet-up point for folks at the same place we met up last time.

Tom Hunt indicated he has a lot on his plate however he should be able to make this run.

The intent of this post is to coordinate for individuals who wish to meet up in KC to ride to the Lunch event. Irrespective of who makes it to the meet up point on time, the departure time is scheduled so riders can make it to the destination on time.

The meet-up point is the Quik Trip at 71HWY and 150HWY in Grandview across from Gail's Harley Davidson.  https://goo.gl/maps/bZL3yksBLdG2

Kick Stands up at 9:15am. 

This gives plenty of time to get to Sunrise Beach by 12 noon.

There are a lot of nice routes to take. I'll post 2 of then here.

https://goo.gl/maps/m3ce2bMRR7p
https://goo.gl/maps/5yNAY5rAJCF2

Good Riding and please take pics!!!

This Saturday, July 23. More details on the calendar.

It's gonna be a hot one...everyone take care & stay hydrated. I'm looking forward to trying out my new cooling vest...

Sorry for missing the date on this post. Been on the calendar for a while..

Currently in Connecticut where folks here are preparing for their own heat wave of 89 degrees.

I'm thinking we need to have a do over on this ride later in the year when the weather isnt so oppressive. It might be short notice but the ride and destination is well worth it.

I'll send the communication out on an email blast and promise I'll have all the details in one shot.

If anyone is making this ride despite the heat, like Tom says, stay hydrated!!!

Everyone, of course, knows their own limits...but this heat makes this length of ride sketchy. For me, I'm looking at a 350+ mile round trip. No problem in normal summer conditions, but with a heat index above 110, I begin to doubt myself.

Then, to seal my fate, I go & hurt myself.

I injured my left eye Thursday morning. Still not sure what I did, whether I scratched it waking up or rubbed something on my hand into it, but I've never experienced pain, redness & swelling like this. It made the 5 block commute to school to teach some lessons quite interesting.

It's a bit better this morning, but I don't think there's any way I ride tomorrow. Caging would normally be an option in the heat, but it's going to have to improve some more before I can feel safe driving. I will post a status update tonight by 9 PM.

Again, it's always up to the individual to make their own decision. Sorry the "leadership" is likely bailing, but sometimes safety & sanity have to prevail.

Hey all,

I'm staying home. The eye is improving, but not enough for me to go.

We're also leaving for a family vacation in San Diego on Tuesday. I'm gonna lay low to heal as much as possible until then.

Sorry, folks...