• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Just got a Sena Prism Tube helmet cam

big0red4224

I've been riding for several days now with the Sena Prism Tube helmet cam.

First off, their app is GARBAGE. The camera has two recording modes; regular and loop. If the camera is in loop, you may or may not be able to connect to the camera while it's mounted on your helmet. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. When it is regular recording mode, it seems to connect okay. The app/camera will not allow you to download from the camera to your phone if it is recording. You have to open the live view, stop recording, exit live view, then you can download to your phone.

The camera itself works well, and the mount is pretty sturdy. I have no issues with the camera or anything like that. I appreciate that the camera doesn't look like a brick hanging off the side of my helmet. It is barely larger than the PackTalk Bold on the other side.

The documentation says the camera's charge is good for two hours. Since I use this primarily to protect myself while commuting, I charge it every day when I get to work.

The camera comes with a mic and speaker that you can put in your helmet if you're into moto-vlogging or whatever. I have not done that. I think if I ever felt the need to do something like that, I'd just use the mic in my PackTalk and stitch the two together later.

Feel free to ask questions. Not sure what someone else may want to know.

Untitled by bigangryscot, on Flickr

This is a frame capture. I'm tucked under the windshield, which is why so much of my dash/phone is visible, but it does show the detail the pic has. Click on the pic to view it full size.

Untitled by bigangryscot, on Flickr