• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

K5 Gixxer vs new Panigale

Well that was interesting... not that either is likely to end up in my garage (since there are no riders here who would "appreciate" the performance adequately...)

I just watched it. Pretty interesting that 15 year old technology was posting the better time. Everything they said they explored to find an answer and Ducati blamed the set up.....

I had the exact same black and red K5 that they used in the intro. Mine was actually an 06 but they were identical for both years And both are considered to be the “K5”. One of those bikes I wish I still had. Just a well thought out bike that could be ridden to the limit with adequate warning when approaching those limits. At the time a friend had a then new to the world BMW S1000RR with all the modern rider aids and 20+ more hp But the old K5 could always hold its own.

Last edited:
Personally, never buy anything from Italy except Shoes, food and clothes.
I’m sure someone has had “great luck” with Italian Motorcycles.
I have seen the opposite from riders I know.
That Suzuki K5 motor is considered the pinnacle of inline 4’s.