• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Kawasaki introducing an EV on June 7 2022

I was just thinking. It's gonna be hard to ride/drive an EV during rolling blackouts. I'm gonna test charging my eBike on my solar panels to see how long it takes to top it off.

It looks like a toy. There is just not enough energy density in current battery technology to make an EV bike a viable option. The excess cost, huge weight by volume difference to combustion engines will be very tough to overcome. Hope that development dollars continue to fund improvements on the combustion side of the equation as gains will be realized much faster and in greater volume.