• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

KC AREA RIDE SCHEDULE 2018 KS/MO

Rasmith

Tires-Check, Brakes-Check, Oil Change-Check, Lights? –Check!
            Bike ready for riding season?  Not much time left!!​

We did a rinse and repeat of last year’s rides with one HUGE addition. July 8th we will be on our way to some of the best riding in the upper Midwest. Black Hills South Dakota. The ride is on the North Central Calendar and there is a Thread on the COG Forum. We will be posting more details soon.

April 19-22 Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous #5 Hosted by Cliff Burnette and family has become one of the largest gathering in the Midwest. This is on the South Central Calendar and has limited slots so get registered and join the fun, fantastic riding, hospitality, great food and door prizes! There is plenty of room in mowed field for camping, 2 Port-a-potties. Shower stall, indoor bathroom for the ladies. If it rains there are plenty of tables and chairs in Cliff’s Ginormous garage. Fees include Thursday, Friday, & Saturday night dinner (camp style), Friday, Saturday, and Sunday Breakfast. Door Prizes and non alcoholic drinks, including coffee. The event fee also includes site fees.

May 19 - “8th. Annual Spring VJMC Show”  Hosted by Donnells  Motorcycles at 17851 East U.S. Hwy 40 Independence, Missouri 64055 . Last year they brought the Suzuki Truck that had new models you could ride.

June 2 and Sept 22 -Sunrise Cantina - Sunrise Beach MO  (This is the Famous meet in the middle with the St Louis and SC Folks)  coupled with a ride to Peach Float (Scott’s General Store)- Iconium MO. Setting 2 dates for this ride
264 Sunset Hills Dr, Sunrise Beach, MO 65079
sunrisecantina.net
(573) 374-8185
Meetup will be at Quik Trip at 71HWY and 150HWY in Grandview across from Gail's Harley Davidson.  Kick Stands up @ 9:15am

June 16 - Andi’s Place Black Water MO
106 Main St
Blackwater, MO 65322
Meetup at Caseys General Store 24 hwy Buckner MO  Kickstands up @ 10am

June 24 - Zona Rosa “7th. Annual KCVJMC All Japanese Rally” at Zona Rosa from 10am till early afternoon—Meet for lunch at 54th Street Bar and Grill @ 1PM

July 9-13
Black Hills Ride- This Is on the North Central Calendar. Several have signed up and there has been a lot of interest. We’ll be leaving KC on Sunday July 8, arriving in Hill City SD Monday July 9 then departing Friday July 13.  This is an open event, meaning it’s not a COG sanctioned event. You plan your own rides and accommodations. A few of us will be doing some scouting from input from a past Rally with the intent on making this an annual event. That means we need to come up with a name for it!  There are tons of places to stay in the area whether it’s camping, cabins or motels. Come join in the great riding!

July 28 Boudreaux’s Louisiana Seafood and Steaks ST Joseph MO
224 North 4th Street, Saint Joseph, MO, United States
816-387-9911
boudreauxs@boudreauxstjoe.com
Meetup at Philip's 66 Platte City Mo. Just off the 92 Hwy exit.  Kickstands up @ 11am

August 4th 9am-1pm - 6th Annual Midwest Regional VJMC Rally and Show 
New Century Airport, 6 Aero Plaza, New Century, KS 66031

August 18 - Guy & Mae’s Tavern - Williamsburg KS
119 W South St, Williamsburg, KS 66095
(785) 746-8830

Sept 2 - Cassaday Bike Run - Hays House--Council Grove KS (Sunday Event heading down in morning..Time to be determined at a later date)

I didn't see dates for the Spider Ride yet. That should be mid Sept. 13th or 20th
Don't forget to block those two weeks.

I was just reminded of Fathers Day June 17..
Not sure who else has plans that weekend which would prevent you from attending but I'm looking for suggestions for an alternative date. This was a good ride last year.

Folks,
I'm not going to make the June 2 Sunrise Cantina RTE. I know there's interest in this and I'm not rescheduling it.
All the details are posted above for meeting up to ride out there. I'll make sure to post a Google Map Route to Sunrise Beach and the route from there to Iconium.
I'm currently in Connecticut where my Mother is currently in the hospital and will be back up here next week to see her into a rehab facility.

If someone can lead this ride I would really appreciate it.

Enjoy this ride folks. It's a good one with fantastic destinations

To Sunrise  https://goo.gl/maps/KvJnCtQBCdL2

Sunrise to Iconium  https://goo.gl/maps/FHN4x929hHR2

The original date fell on Fathers Day Weekend so We're rescheduling.

June 30 - Andi’s Place Black Water MO
106 Main St
Blackwater, MO 65322
Meetup at Caseys General Store 24 hwy Buckner MO  Kickstands up @ 10am

Rescheduling this from Sept_22 because several of us will be returning from the Black Hills Ride that day.
I'm also posting it to the Calendar

Sept 29 -Sunrise Cantina - Sunrise Beach MO  (This is the Famous meet in the middle with the St Louis and SC Folks)  coupled with a ride to Peach Float (Scott’s General Store)- Iconium MO.  https://goo.gl/maps/VdxG8KiLATQ2  (Sunrise Beach to Iconium)

264 Sunset Hills Dr, Sunrise Beach, MO 65079
sunrisecantina.net
(573) 374-8185
Meetup will be at Quik Trip at 71HWY and 150HWY in Grandview across from Gail's Harley Davidson.  Kick Stands up @ 9:00am

https://goo.gl/maps/jjvnZZGZzps