• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Klim TK1200 for under $350 new?!?

ursharkfuel

God got one thing wrong: Stupid should be PAINFUL!
Yep, I found on online for $339 each, but they are "sample" units and there is only a small quantity available. That beats the $599 price that everyone else wants for it!!

What's not to love? Carbon fiber construction, excellent ventilation, and a transition visor that is included in the price! I'm a buyer and mine is on the way. If it turns out to be a fake or something is wrong, eBay and/or PayPal will make it right.

Last edited:
BTW, large is the only size they have and the only color offered is the very fast Silver!

Err, Seems like a great price. Where is this magical location?
("Magical"; Able to make silver fast). <evil grin>

Ride safe, Ted

Hey Tim, thanks for the move. Sorry about posting it in the wrong area. My enthusiasm overcame my good sense and the model is TK1200 and not KT1200 - which I just fixed in the header.

Here is the link: Klim TK1200 on ebay if the link does not work, just search for Klim TK1200 on ebay and it will be one of the few that comes up - the only one for $359.

I just got a notification that it will arrive TOMORROW!!! A week earlier than the site promised. It is coming from Idaho (which is here Klim is based) and I am in California.

I just checked and it says they have 8 left. Sad for you Ted, they only come in fast color choice of Silver, the plan for the slow Red ones was no doubt scrapped. Please note they come with all tags attached, full warranty, but do say there may be color variations as they are product samples. I honestly don't care because it's such a great deal. But I will include pics when I unbox mine.

Last edited:
I got one of these a few months ago from here:

Looks like S, M & L are still available. Mine has been nice. The weight difference (1+ lb) has been extremely noticeable, especially with my attempting to ward off a cervical fusion.

So helmet is here and I am much more than pleased with it! (y):):cool: The pictures I promised will follow this post....

My prior helmet was a HJC i90 and it was not a bad helmet, just not a great helmet. It always felt heavy, the cable for the pop down visor came loose when I installed my Sena and that was a serious pain to fix. And the i90 always felt tight on my face and the sides of my head, yet it was a large when I normally wear a medium to large helmet.
  • Putting on the TK1200: My prior helmet was easy to put on and take off, but the TK1200 down right hurts getting it past your ears, yet is a comfortable inside as a luxury suite once you get past the neck padding past your ears and the helmet is around your head (no longer tearing your ears off). Why? The shell is VERY stiff and that is not a bad thing for protective gear, thus it does not expand easily when you pull the straps apart to put it on.
  • The pain in my neck is gone: It is a fact that the my prior helmet made my neck and shoulder muscles hurt during my hour commute home against the frequent stiff afternoon desert winds out of the west, but this helmet is a breeze. It is light and aerodynamic in comparison.
  • Noise level: This one just seems quieter than my prior helmet because my Sena speakers are much farther from my ears in this helmet, it's roomy inside, and my prior helmet placed the speakers against my earlobes in an attempt to quiet it down. Yet the volume of the Sena is about the same, so I get the impression the TK1200 is actually the quieter of the two.
  • The Transition visor: Two words - It Works! Since I have only used it one day and it was overcast, I cannot tell just how dark it will get...thus far only medium with no direct sunlight. And while I hope it get darker because the sun in the fall going home and to work in the spring is brutal, this can only help and not hurt.
  • Vision: On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 best and 1 worst, I would give my prior helmet. and most all full/modular helmets I have worn, a solid 9, but this one is definitely a 10! Someone online described the visibility to having a fish bowl on your head with no visible distortion and that is a true statement. There is nothing you cannot see with this on that you can see with it off. I call that a 10.
  • Look, fit, movement, and impressions: The helmet looks great and the silver matches my Concours 1400! I have not done a close comparison, guess I'm just not that anal about it because it looks close enough to me. When it comes to the fit and movement, when I saw the fit of the modular shield I thought I found the reason for the discounting of the helmet, but I was wrong.....When the helmet is off and you close it up, the pins on either side do not always match up without a little work to line things up and make them snap in place. When it is off it is a little more narrow. And this may have something to do with the narrowness when putting it on. Once the helmet in on your head it seems to expand the the PERFECT width for the modular half to come down and match with the lower pin locks like magic. The face snaps in place with no effort whatsoever, and pops open when you press the button as easy as can be. It seems to me that the sides of the helmet "grip" your head to minimize movement, but there is no pressure or stiffness that I noticed when wearing it. My prior helmet felt tight on both sides of my face, but with the TK1200, not so much.
  • The SAMPLE discount: The disclaimer in the post says, and this is not an exact quote, this is a sample and there may be variations in the paint, finish, look, and function and as a result they have discounted the helmet. The only thing I can find is the absence of the rear reflector. Instead there is a black insert instead of a red reflector. While visibility on a bike is nice, I think that thin red lens on the back of the helmet is a minus and I call this variation in this example of the helmet a PLUS!
Not much more to say, and I will post the picture next.

And here are the pictures I promised.

Pic 1 - It came in it's original box (packed in another box).
Pic 2 - The helmet included a clean and very nice helmet bag
Pic 3 - The helmet was in the protective foam wrapper in the bag
Pic 4 - This is the TK1200 in all its glory
Pic 5 - I have no doubt this is a Klim original helmet and not a fake, here are the tags
To be continued

Attachments

• 20210827_181834[1].jpg
    20210827_181834[1].jpg
    89 KB · Views: 141
  • 20210827_181904[1].jpg
    20210827_181904[1].jpg
    160 KB · Views: 146
  • 20210827_181938[1].jpg
    20210827_181938[1].jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 160
  • 20210827_182002[1].jpg
    20210827_182002[1].jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 144
  • 20210827_182059[1].jpg
    20210827_182059[1].jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 148
Pic 6 - The "extras" I did not know would come with it. I am told that extra shield is an antiifog insert, but I do not really see how it would fit (maybe someone can help solve that riddle), but there it is, along with a bag full of extra padding and covers I have not bothered to open and look over.
Pic 7 - That's Lucky wondering if the HJC i90 is about to become his property so Dad will take him out on Connie. Because you know how much I enjoy ridding on the quad! Riding the C-14 would be the ultimate for your best friend - hint, hint.

Thhh that's all folks!

Attachments

• 20210827_182200[1].jpg
    20210827_182200[1].jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 157
  • 0218181212[1].jpg
    0218181212[1].jpg
    92 KB · Views: 149
The clear sheild is a pinlock. Look on the inside of the shield And there should be two little studs But the pin lock will snap on tools inside , works pretty good on my neo tech.Please give updates on the wind flow through the helmet when you ride

The clear sheild is a pinlock. Look on the inside of the shield And there should be two little studs But the pin lock will snap on tools inside , works pretty good on my neo tech.Please give updates on the wind flow through the helmet when you ride

Thanks for the info on the shield.

Oops, forgot to mention that, when I moved the vent control on the top to the open position I felt a gust of cool air all across the top of my head. Then I opened the chin vent. It too was very effective and I can see why reviewers online say it is nearly impossible to fog this thing up.

I am being very honest when I say it is a nice piece and a steal at this price. $359 is ridiculously cheap for a carbon fiber helmet (and you know what the Neo cost you) that includes a transition shield. That is so cool I can't begin to describe it!

Best of luck.

Thanks for the info on the shield.

Oops, forgot to mention that, when I moved the vent control on the top to the open position I felt a gust of cool air all across the top of my head. Then I opened the chin vent. It too was very effective and I can see why reviewers online say it is nearly impossible to fog this thing up.

I am being very honest when I say it is a nice piece and a steal at this price. $359 is ridiculously cheap for a carbon fiber helmet (and you know what the Neo cost you) that includes a transition shield. That is so cool I can't begin to describe it!

Best of luck.
My neo tech with pin lock installed has NEVER fogged , i think it is great.

KLIM has always been great with COG, we had a really good time out there at their factory for the idaho falls national. With some very special prices for brand new soon to be released items.
I recall them bringing their soon to be released helmets (and other great gear) to another national, and hiving us first dibs on ordering the helmet.

Im certain, as smart as those folks are, they realize the superior performance the c14 brings to the sport touring world, and how well it pairs with their products...

Hope someone from klim reads that little diddy....

Join for the bike, stay for the people

Perfect timing, my Shoei RF1000 was overdue for replacement.
I have a large Shoei and some say go up a size for the Klim, but one comment said go down one size because padding breaks down fast. Any comments on sizing and head shape fit?
With the return policy and great price I'm pulling the trigger, thanks for finding and sharing.

Check this out if you need another size and sorta has a shading of Kawi green, maybe.

KLIM website has some more sizes and colors in limited non current style limited qtys (I think that is what the demo ebay helmets might be) for $359. Here is 1 example, you have to select color and see what sizes they have available.

Perfect timing, my Shoei RF1000 was overdue for replacement.
I have a large Shoei and some say go up a size for the Klim, but one comment said go down one size because padding breaks down fast. Any comments on sizing and head shape fit?
With the return policy and great price I'm pulling the trigger, thanks for finding and sharing.

You're welcome - glad I could help. Shoei makes good stuff and I have used them for decades, I'm just honestly tired of their need to be the high price leader. I deal with that junk from the vendors I work with daily in technology. Yeah, I get it that you're the top dog

The Klim is VERY roomy inside, but putting it on is a little rough on the ears. The shell is very hard to spread with the straps, but once you get past your ears you'll be very happy with the roominess. Or at least I was when compared to my large HJC i90 that always felt like it was putting pressure on the sides of my face. This one....not at all.

Today was my second full day using it, and it really is a pure pleasure to wear. I can't find any flaws to speak of. It even felt better putting it on this morning.

And the color match with my Silver Connie is just great. Ted's probably pouting over project slow A$$ Red being cancelled when Klim was choosing colors for this masterpiece. Such a great brain bucket, it would be sad to paint it Red and force riders heads to lag behind them because the helmet can no longer keep up with the rider and bike. Unless of course the bike is snail Red too. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
... Shoei makes good stuff and I have used them for decades, I'm just honestly tired of their need to be the high price leader. I deal with that junk from the vendors I work with daily in technology. Yeah, I get it that you're the top dog

Shoei is not the price leader when compared to Arai., and both seem to be fighting to be top dog. I found that I have a Shoei shaped head more so than Arai. I've tried other lower cost helmets and I feel the small premium price is worth it to me to be able to make a purchase and not have to see if I am going to like it. Kinda like buying the same brand/model/size sneaker for years.

To each his own. I have never been a brand shopper, but some folks are. And before I get to my greater point, allow me to say this is not directed at you Steve. It is me talking more to a concept that I have had to live with out of fellow riders. Those that like to think and often say, if you are not wearing a Shoei, Ari, or Simpson then you are not a "real" or serious rider. And that kind of ignorance makes me want to scream and I'm pretty passionate about it.

Let's change the context a little so some may better understand my point. There are folks out there that MUST buy only GMC trucks, but I prefer Chevy trucks. Why you ask? Sure I'm cheap, but there is another more rational reason. Because I absolutely refuse to pay for a name over actual value. But there are those that live and die on the name on the tag. Laughable, but true. You know the type, "Oh my Gawd. I would never own a Toy-O-Ta, I absolutely much own a Lexus." Said with their nose held sky high in the air while saying so. Well news flash professor - Toyota and Lexus are basically the same vehicle with only a few differing models, but mostly just rebadged vehicles with interchangeable parts that have dramatically differing price tags. :LOL: And in the case of Chevy vs GMC they are nearly identical - except for the higher price tag on the GMC, and even more so for Lexus, Acura, Infinity, Cadillac, Lincoln, Audi, and so on. You know what they say about a fool and his money, and the auto manufacturers take full advantage of these false value perceptions.

For me, I could not care less who's name is on the tag or what logo it has. I got over that silliness in high school, I'm 60 now and a whole lot better off financially because I quit chasing the designer names and labels long, long ago. I don't care if the label says Joe $hit, the Rag Man so long as it is a well made and reliable product. And my friends are not entitled to an opinion on my purchases unless they are paying for them! The more naïve will argue until they are blue in the face that a GMC truck is FAR superior to a mere Chevrolet truck. Never mind the fact that their parts are almost 100% interchangeable except for maybe the logos. :ROFLMAO: But the average consumer believes the marketing hype, drinks the Kool-Aid, and far too often spend their hard earned money on crap they don't need, with money they really don't have, to impress people who do not care. :rolleyes: But they think the do! 😮 :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

In the end you should buy what you want, I'm just not prepared to listen to a brand justification like that is the end of the story when it doesn't come close. Just think of all the brands, stores, and products that were the premium choice for decades or even a century that no longer exist. If Simpson, Ari, or Shoei "stimulate" riders, that's great! It's their money and their choice. But people that do not share the same belief are not lesser because of their differing opinions. I like to think they are wise, or at the very least more frugal shoppers. For the record, I have owned many premium helmets that I thought were complete crap, but I was in the military and that is what all my friends had. I'm so glad I finally grew up....

Here is another example of consumer blind loyalty. In a few years I will have been a technologist for 40 years, and it makes be violently ill when I run into a Apple teen or twentyish fanboy that can't wait to tell me why Apple computers are the greatest EVER and how they will soon kill off PCs. I just say, son, it is really nice your mom and dad got you a Mac. But I have forgotten more about this subject than you may ever know about it, and you're just repeating a now twenty year old lie that refuses to die. In fact Apple has a pathetic computer market share that has remained static or declined over the past 20 years. Apple is now a gadget company (phones, pods, and pads) and only their pride and stubbornness has kept their desktop computers alive. Other companies would have folded up those tents and moved on to more successful product lines but they persist hoping their marketing hype will win over the hearts and minds - hasn't yet! 😮 And of course they get red faced angry because I called the god (small G) they choose to worship ugly. I laugh and say, someday I may write the book I have already named..... Apple Lies: How to Extort Billions with Marketing, Distortion, and Magic. They just stomp off and go to the nearest Apple store for oxygen or an infusion.....

Last edited:
To each his own. I have never been a brand shopper, but some folks are. And before I get to my greater point, allow me to say this is not directed at you Steve. It is me talking more to a concept that I have had to live with out of fellow riders. Those that like to think and often say, if you are not wearing a Shoei, Ari, or Simpson then you are not a "real" or serious rider. And that kind of ignorance makes me want to scream and I'm pretty passionate about it.

Let's change the context a little so some may better understand my point. There are folks out there that MUST buy only GMC trucks, but I prefer Chevy trucks. Why you ask? Sure I'm cheap, but there is another more rational reason. Because I absolutely refuse to pay for a name over actual value. But there are those that live and die on the name on the tag. Laughable, but true. You know the type, "Oh my Gawd. I would never own a Toy-O-Ta, I absolutely much own a Lexus." Said with their nose held sky high in the air while saying so. Well news flash professor - Toyota and Lexus are basically the same vehicle with only a few differing models, but mostly just rebadged vehicles with interchangeable parts that have dramatically differing price tags. :LOL: And in the case of Chevy vs GMC they are nearly identical - except for the higher price tag on the GMC, and even more so for Lexus, Acura, Infinity, Cadillac, Lincoln, Audi, and so on. You know what they say about a fool and his money, and the auto manufacturers take full advantage of these false value perceptions.

For me, I could not care less who's name is on the tag or what logo it has. I got over that silliness in high school, I'm 60 now and a whole lot better off financially because I quit chasing the designer names and labels long, long ago. I don't care if the label says Joe $hit, the Rag Man so long as it is a well made and reliable product. And my friends are not entitled to an opinion on my purchases unless they are paying for them! The more naïve will argue until they are blue in the face that a GMC truck is FAR superior to a mere Chevrolet truck. Never mind the fact their parts are almost 100% interchangeable except for maybe the logos. :ROFLMAO: But the average consumer believes the marketing hype, drinks the Kool-Aid, and far too often spend their hard earned money on crap they don't need, with money they really don't have, to impress people who do not care. :rolleyes: But they think the do! 😮 :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

In the end you should buy what you want, I'm just not prepared to listen to a brand justification like that is the end of the story when it doesn't come close. Just think of all the brands, stores, and products that were the premium choice or decades or even a century that no longer exist. If Simpson, Ari, or Shoei "stimulate" riders, that's great! It's their money and their choice. But people that do not share the same belief are not lesser because of their differing opinions. I like to think they are wise, or at the very least more frugal shoppers. For the record, I have owned many premium helmets that I thought were complete crap, but I was in the military and that is what all my friends had. I'm so glad I finally grew up....

Here is another example of consumer blind loyalty. In a few years I will have been a technologist for 40 years, and it makes be violently ill when I run into a Apple teen or twentyish fanboy that can't wait to tell me why Apple computers are the greatest EVER and how they will soon kill off PCs. I just say, son, it is really nice your mom and dad got you a Mac. But I have forgotten more about this subject than you may ever know about it, and you're just repeating a now twenty year old lie that refuses to die. In fact Apple has a pathetic computer market share that has remained static or declined over the past 20 years. Apple is now a gadget company (phones, pods, and pads) and only their pride and stubbornness has kept their desktop computers alive. Other companies would have folded up those tents and moved on to more successful product lines but they persist hoping their marketing hype will win over the hearts and minds - hasn't yet! 😮 And of course they get red faced angry because I called the god (small G) they choose to worship ugly. I laugh and say, someday I may write the book I have already named..... Apple Lies: How to Extort Billions with Marketing, Distortion, and Magic. They just stomp off and go to the nearest Apple store for oxygen or an infusion.....

I agree with this sentiment. I buy quality so I do not have to replace it and I don't worry about the label on it. That said I jumped on this deral because I have wanted to try the Klim since I tried one on in Johnson City at the Rally. I have worn Fulmer, HJC, and several others, Ironically I was hit and spent nine days in a Coma when a brand new G max I had bought 2 weeks earlier to try a full face absorbed the shock and save my life, my brain and my ability to function. I then tried Arai, Schuberth and settled on the last 3 helmets being Shoei because they fit my head and are quiet full faces I wear with my MEE Earbuds and Packtalk. Not buying any of those because of the name but because of the performance and it's use in my style and comfort riding. And I still run my Android because I have been wary of anything that is not open source. Good response.

I too, took advantage of this deal.

Great write up ^^^^^ up there. Everything you stated I agree with

It is a bitch to get on and off but is nice once inside. I do find my self wondering if it is pushing on my carotids and sometimes fear that if I start get lightheaded I may pull over to restore blood flow to my brain:)

I noticed how light it is almost every time I ride with it on. Today I said the same thing.

It is interesting going back to a modular from full face Shoei s . Take a bit of getting used to and I have to remember to adjust the mic on my Cardo where with the full face it is stuck right in front of my mouth. My earbuds are a little tighter inside this vs the shoei.....but man is this thing quiet. Way quieter than my full face Shoei 1300 or RF SR. Odd from a modular but I keep switching the MEE earbuds with the triple flange tips back and forth for comparison.

The pinlock is baffling .....it is Yellow....I do not know or can't figure out if there is a film that needs to come off it or if it is just yellow and scratched. as well.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kawhpSHdMvqb43mz8

THe Pack Talk Bold mounting systen hand to be tweaked and rigged with some 3M Virb tape after adusting to get the mic in the correct place.

It is a good helmet that I am stilll adjusting to. Not quite like putting the Shoeis on and going for a ride.

I too, took advantage of this deal.

Great write up ^^^^^ up there. Everything you stated I agree with

It is a bitch to get on and off but is nice once inside. I do find my self wondering if it is pushing on my carotids and sometimes fear that if I start get lightheaded I may pull over to restore blood flow to my brain:)

I noticed how light it is almost every time I ride with it on. Today I said the same thing.

It is interesting going back to a modular from full face Shoei s . Take a bit of getting used to and I have to remember to adjust the mic on my Cardo where with the full face it is stuck right in front of my mouth. My earbuds are a little tighter inside this vs the shoei.....but man is this thing quiet. Way quieter than my full face Shoei 1300 or RF SR. Odd from a modular but I keep switching the MEE earbuds with the triple flange tips back and forth for comparison.

The pinlock is baffling .....it is Yellow....I do not know or can't figure out if there is a film that needs to come off it or if it is just yellow and scratched. as well.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kawhpSHdMvqb43mz8

THe Pack Talk Bold mounting systen hand to be tweaked and rigged with some 3M Virb tape after adusting to get the mic in the correct place.

It is a good helmet that I am stilll adjusting to. Not quite like putting the Shoeis on and going for a ride.
Yes, after you install the pinlock there’s a film you’ll peal off like you do on the screen of a new TV or phone. I usually find an edge I can get started before installing so it’s easier to remove after it’s on the shield.

Late read but I have had a TK1200 for almost 3 years and the transition faceshield is still functioning like new. I happened on this model from MotorcycleGear.com and snagged a solid white for 300.00 back then. I agree it is tough getting on and off , but very comfortable once on. I have not noticed any looseness either. But I have also only ridden a few thousand miles each of the past 2 years. I really need to install the pinlock as it did fog inside last week without the pinlock insert.

I've been eyeballing the sample offer on eBay but have decided that I'll only commit to buying one if I can get it in black. Apparently there are only silver samples, which doesn't do it for me even if it means saving $100.

And when looking at the $600 price point for this Skyline in black vs the Schuberth C3 Pro at $580 I think I'd go with option B simply because I'm more familiar with the Schuberth line than the Klim. My impression is that the Klim is a $200 helmet with the $120 Transitions face shield being marked up to $600 retail.

Then again I haven't actually ridden with them on the same day under the same conditions to compare their relative sound dampening comparative to the i90 that seems to work just fine for me at this point. But I am actively looking for a new modular that I can apply the Kawa double green pinstriping and that doesn't squeeze my jaw and cheek bones quite so much.

(https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...ze=L&_odkw=klim+tk1200&_osacat=0&_dcat=177076)

1633458007923.png