• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Klim Torrent

56taskforce

Well after riding in jeans for a while  :??: I think I have successfully replaced my riding pants.
What I settled on is a pair of Klim Torrent over pants it took a while after I decided they were what i wanted as no one had my size in stock, but after a couple weeks of backorder Cycle Gear and UPS  came through.  :)  I settled on the Torrent because 1 I commute so I need an easy on and off over pant. 2 I needed water proof as I ride all season with exception of ice and snow.
I just got them today, but I will let you all know how I like them after I have a chance to put them through their paces.

Well so far not sure I am that impressed, part of that may be that with the price and Klim's bring your own base and mid layers what you get seems sparse. Quality seems great but the knee armor is in the wrong place. Klim claims that the armor is adjustable but no matter how I do it the knee armor is way high and rides to the inside and this is with pant legs that are just a tad long. I am going to go in to Cycle Gear  and see what they say. As far as water proofing it is looking as if that will be put to the test this week. Ventilation not sure the 3/4 split legs have a double zipper leaving the option of opening it from the top but that seems to me like that wouldn't hold things where they need to be for protection in a slide, just doesn't seem safe.
These are at the low end price wise of Klim offerings and I think it shows :??:

After riding in these pants for a couple weeks I like them just took a little getting used to. The non bulky over pant design is nice and I am no longer worried about venting. For long rides where mountain passes with cold, wet and hot weather all come into play I think I will get some riding jeans with armor remove the armor from the Torrent pants and use them over the jeans. Without armor the Torrent pants take up very little space and be easy to take off when it gets hot. With the armor in they work well over my everyday jeans for my daily commute but I am experimentings with mid layers for those colder rides. I have used some bib ski pants over my jeans and under the Torrents just want something a little easier to get in and out of.
Well anyway I like them enough that I have ordered the Apex jacket to go with them :)

Based on your review and that my Aerostich pants are on their last legs.. I ordered a pair of these Klim Torrent pants to go with my Klim Badlands Jacket. For $239 that seems like a good enough price for an all season shell. I will let you know how they work out