• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

KMW Emblem

I am not sure of the origin of the emblem but the 2005 I bought last year has one on it. I get a lot of questions about it.

Attachments

• KMW .jpg
    KMW .jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 189
MoRe said:
Kawasaki Motor Works I believe a pun on BMW
Correct, I've only seen two actually on bikes and it intrigued me. Looks classy also.
  I de-badged my bike then added the same as stock badging in black. Looked fantastic on the Candy Arabian Red, I thought it was a huge visible improvement. They blew off first ride.
  My plan was to replace with the KMW if any old timers have some in their sock drawer and need more room. Any info would be appreciated.

Tundra said:
MoRe said:
Kawasaki Motor Works I believe a pun on BMW
Correct, I've only seen two actually on bikes and it intrigued me. Looks classy also.
  I de-badged my bike then added the same as stock badging in black. Looked fantastic on the Candy Arabian Red bike which is pretty much red/black anyway. I thought it was a huge visible improvement. Last ride was high speed and several of the letters blew off. Shoul have applied some heat during install.
  My plan was to replace with the KMW if any old timers have some in their sock drawer and need more room. Any info would be appreciated.

Is it an actual raised enamel emblem badge? Or just a sticker (like the one in the pic in this thread)? Depending on how much you want to spend, we could get decals made pretty easily. Let me know if you want to go that route. Ive got quite a bit of experience doing stickers/decals for other stuff. We could get it sorted out.

I think someone in the club used to sell them.
Hopefully someone will see your discussion and know where they can be found.

Ride safe, Ted

Someone in COG (Brad Esler?)  had the top line decal printer (I think he had his own printing business?) used to make and sell them however, I think he got out that line of work and sold the printing equipment many years ago IIRC.

There were a couple other online versions out there for awhile, not of the same high quality, but served the same purpose.  ;D

Thanks for your reply's guys.
Rob, appreciate the offer although I prefer the emblem over a sticker.

Tundra said:
  Thanks for your reply's guys.
Rob, appreciate the offer although I prefer the emblem over a sticker.

IIRC, there was only a decal, not emblem made.

I went out and took a pic of just the sticker. Cleaned it up a little and can email it to you if you PM me with an address. I know that you would prefer an emblem-- but this is all I have.

Jeff,
My hats off to you, thanks for taking the time to edit and get that to me.
Very much appreciated!!