• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

KTM 390 Adventure

cuda

I've been looking for a bike to take with me RVing, I was leaning towards a scooter because any girl I'm with could ride it, but after seeing the 390 KTM Duke in action at our Sport Touring track day, I have a change of heart, I'm leaning towards the adventure because when I go out West, I'm sure I'll be off-road, everything I've read about it has been positive.

There's a 390 Adventure owners thread on ADV Rider. It's up to 550 pages now if you have some reading time. People seem to like them. They've moved from cast wheels to tubeless spoked wheels for 2023 in case you were looking at used ones.

Merle, thanks for the heads up on the ADV Rider forum. Lots of great info(y)

I'm having an ORANGE crush, it's the best bang for the buck for sure.

KTM 390 Adventure High Speed

Motorcycle Consumer News tested the 390 Duke's top speed to be 167.4 km/h (104.0 mph), with acceleration from 0 to 97 km/h (0 to 60 mph) in 5.53 seconds, and 0 to 1ā„4 mi (0.00 to 0.40 km) in 14.02 seconds at 147.87 km/h (91.88 mph).

Those are stock numbers. On everything, I buy change exhaust and ECU mods. On my third one for C14 and the last, Steve has got it nailed this time;) I plan on changing the gearing for a better low-end punch, not going to be a highway machine.

We are only talking about 5 to 6 hp, but on such a light bike, that's a lot, It will be twice as much HP as my buddies Kawasaki KLX 300 has, 24hp :sleep:he downsized from a BMW 1250 GS, I laughed at him when he told me.
He said it's fun little toy, never sell my C14, There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven ;)

Last edited: