• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Ladies Activities at the National ???

gsjay

There traditionally is a Woman's Breakfast or similar event during the national rally.............

At this point no one has volunteered to organize such an event.
Doesn't have to a breakfast, doesn't have to be in the morning, it's really an clean canvas!
Winery tour bus? Movie Night? Beers in the Parking lot?

Anyone interested in stepping up?

Give me a ping.
Jason

As of today, 3/22/19 we have NO specific activities planned for the Ladies of COG..............

No Breakfast, no lunch, no 5K run, no ice cream yoga,  nothing.................

Please share this with any ladies you know that are planning on attending.
I know the Ladies event has always been popular.

we need someone to step up and help organize an event.

Jason
cog 32

Im askin the wify.  It is about all we can do to get the 1600 miles up there though.

Note that it does not have to be a lady that sets it up.  Anyone can set it up would be my guess. 

It is nice if the ladies are reCOGnized somehow.

AmphibSailor said:
Old Man on a Connie said:
Male stripper and tequila shots?  :)) :)) :)) It sure won't be me.
Now that's a scary thought!
Yes I jest. These women do need to be recognized be they pilots or pillions. Without their support there would be many a night spent on the couch. A women's riding gear presentation by KLIM, Aerostich or twisted throttle? How to pack and leave the hair dryer at home seminar? Special problems women may experience on a long road trip? Throwing it our there and I sincerely do not mean to be condescending in any way. My counterweight balances me and gets a tremendous amount of thanks. Her support is a awesome asset (though I do have to remind her to not bring the stylish shoes).

AmphibSailor said:
Yes I jest. These women do need to be recognized be they pilots or pillions. Without their support there would be many a night spent on the couch. A women's riding gear presentation by KLIM, Aerostich or twisted throttle? How to pack and leave the hair dryer at home seminar? Special problems women may experience on a long road trip? Throwing it our there and I sincerely do not mean to be condescending in any way. My counterweight balances me and gets a tremendous amount of thanks. Her support is a awesome asset (though I do have to remind her to not bring the stylish shoes).

when I ran this by Dona, who actually did a bunch of planning for the '07 nationals, and only got response to elicit a "lady brunch", and not much more... she actually said the same thing....
"girls night out, drinking Tequila shots at an all male revue strip club..."    "that ought to keep the Boys in line..."

I kinda thought the same thing also, but it seemed kinda "greasy"....
But hey man, my "wife" ain't a "counterweight",(if I told your wife you said that, you would be eating Spam, and sleeping outside...    :rotflmao: :nananana: :rotflmao:  ) and even tho she is a shoe fetish person, she leaves those at home, there's always a hair dryer in the motel room...and she is "geared up to the max"... 

I'll speak further with her, but she's not volunteering for anything ever again...she may offer suggestions tho...... whatever it is, it will be interesting, and probably obnoxiously funny... like maybe "creative BELLY painting"... during the evening gathering for Mojito's and Margarita's event, in the parking lot...
I'm truly lucky he put in for "time off" to go to this rally with me..

if I told your wife you said that, you would be eating Spam, and sleeping outside...  :beerchug:
Oh no. She knows it. Badge of Honor. She does balance me. Keeps me in check (mostly), supports me tremendously. It is a true term of respect. But then I would love to see a video of the tequila shots at the strip club  :)

if I told your wife you said that, you would be eating Spam, and sleeping outside...  :beerchug:
Oh no. She knows it. Badge of Honor. She does balance me. Keeps me in check (mostly), supports me tremendously. It is a true term of respect. But then I would love to see a video of the tequila shots at the strip club  :)

:)) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :beerchug:

I think we can make that Tequila event happen....  I won't be drinking it, but I'd love to watch the event "unfold"... :rotflmao: :-X :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :great:

AmphibSailor said:

You must have a death wish Ted.  Judy is no counterweight.  Because of her is that we tolerate you!  :))  Jorge and I took two trips out to the east coast on his C10.  He had his stuff in one of the saddlebags and I had my things inside a small bag that was secured behind me.  It was fine for us on our 10 day trip.  We went as far east as Maine from Central Indiana.  I even bought fabric for my son's wedding quilt and when we couldn't fit it in the bags, I just mailed it back to our house.  It can be done. 

Suggestions:  Some of the suggestions that Ted made are very good.  A wine tour, brunch, museum tour.

That's my input. 

Irene

I really really really don't get most of the women's activities at these rallies. I LOVE LOVE LOVE all the women, they are AMAZING, and I would totally hang with them at the rally. They are such tough, beautiful folks, but...I'd rather just go riding with my COG friends, men and women alike.
I wish the "ladies lunch" just meant we all ended up at the same restaurant, but I do understand that the pillions want and deserve to not have to depend on a ride to get to the party.