• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

LAST BLAST #16 is 3 weeks away.

lrbuck

MR
Tick tock, tick tock. Just a friendly reminder that if you have not registered yet - please do. If you are digitally challenged, send me a PM or email. Thanks.

Just registered us, too. Looking forward seeing everyone and seeing some warmer weather. Weather guessers are callig for black ice here in the morning. Brrr....

Ron & Jerry

Hopefully the weather will cooperate for you. I remember Jerry couldn't get on the road last year, just too cold. Say'in a prayer.

Larry_Buck_FL said:
Ron & Jerry

Hopefully the weather will cooperate for you. I remember Jerry couldn't get on the road last year, just too cold. Say'in a prayer.

Thanks Larry but neck surgery on Dec 27th, doctor says I will be out of riding for 6 months  :mad:

That really sux. Good luck and keep us informed. Tell Jean if we need to come by and abuse, I mean HELP you, to let us know.

If it's cold/rainy, we're gonna cage it. If warm and sunny, maybe Wing-it.  We just need to get past the first 200 miles... I was in Macon today and the weather was great (after about 11 am).

COGnosticator said:
Larry_Buck_FL said:
Ron & Jerry

Thanks Larry but neck surgery on Dec 27th, doctor says I will be out of riding for 6 months  :mad:

Jerry, Sorry to hear that your going for surgery. ACDF?

Sailor_chic said:

Yes C3 to C7, he has 4 of them to repair.  :-\

Once this is over with I should be able to enjoy riding again.  Right now the pain is 24/7

Shawn,

Looking; forward to meeting you. I forgot to welcome you to the looney bin. Don't forget to ask Ron for a signing bonus.

Larry_Buck_FL said:
Jerry

I'll miss 'ya. Hoping for good results.

Thanks Larry, I will miss seeing you.  I have been trying to find the picture of me and Jean at the first Last Blast at Blackwater Inn but it is eluding me.

Y'all have fun, hopefully next year

We're going to miss it also :'(

Don't feel too bad for Irene and me... our older son, his wife, and little daughter fly out that morning, so we'll be with them and taking them to the airport.

We will miss all of you nuts!

Larry_Buck_FL said:
Shawn,

Looking; forward to meeting you. I forgot to welcome you to the looney bin. Don't forget to ask Ron for a signing bonus.

Thanks Larry...much appreciated.  I believe we may have met at the '16 Last Blast (which was my first one), but I was just trying to figure out who was who back then. :-[

Look forward to seeing you again in a couple weeks.  Ron didn't mention a signing bonus, so I can only conclude he kept it. :rotflmao:

COGnosticator said:
Sailor_chic said:

Once this is over with I should be able to enjoy riding again.  Right now the pain is 24/7

Good luck with the surgery Jerry, gonna miss seeing you at a couple of events this winter. 

Jorge said:
We're going to miss it also :'(

Don't feel too bad for Irene and me... our older son, his wife, and little daughter fly out that morning, so we'll be with them and taking them to the airport.

We will miss all of you nuts!

Sorry to hear that Jorge, I was looking forward to seeing you and Irene.  Enjoy the time with the family.

Mr t

Come on, Tom. Any weather here is better than where your Northern home is.  Looking forward to seeing you again. No dirty hands at this RTE.

COGnosticator said:
Sailor_chic said:

I TOTALLY understand your stance. I had C5-C7 fused on July 3rd. I was in the Aspen collar for 12 weeks and couldnt wait to get that thing off. What no one told me was once the collar wasnt required, that there was a whole new level of pain and headaches.  Daily headaches are now my new normal, and can be intense at times. The thought of wearing a helmet now is not even in my thought process. I cant imagine the pain from the wind pushing the head/helmet every which way that it does. Best of luck with your surgery and hopefully your recovery will be different than mine is.

Sailor_chic said:
I TOTALLY understand your stance. I had C5-C7 fused on July 3rd. I was in the Aspen collar for 12 weeks and couldnt wait to get that thing off. What no one told me was once the collar wasnt required, that there was a whole new level of pain and headaches.  Daily headaches are now my new normal, and can be intense at times. The thought of wearing a helmet now is not even in my thought process. I cant imagine the pain from the wind pushing the head/helmet every which way that it does. Best of luck with your surgery and hopefully your recovery will be different than mine is.

Damn Nicole, that really sucks, what does the doctor say about the pain and headaches.  It is hell you go through surgery for pain and afterwards you still have pain AND constant headaches.  Wow, hopefully you get well soon. 

COGnosticator said:
Sailor_chic said:

Best of luck brother!
I've pushed it off longer than I should have.
Mine is 4-5, 5-6 and 7-T1 being nearly bone on bone. C6-7....what disk? There's supposed to be a disk in there?
Just finished (December 4th) 'pain management' shots and the "burn the nerves with an RF electrode" into 5, 6, 7 and T1 on the right side.
Shots last a week, electrode 'should' last months to years.
Left side electrode set is on the 3rd of January.
All the shots and electrodes are doing is killing the burning down both arms, and moving surgery from an elective item to emergency necessity. Eventually.
NOT looking forward to it.
Let me know how it goes.
The electrodes are the most painful thing I've ever had done being conscious.
Being married was easier.

Maybe I'll schedule mine for sooner rather than later.

millerized said:
COGnosticator said:
Sailor_chic said:

Best of luck brother!
I've pushed it off longer than I should have.
Mine is 4-5, 5-6 and 7-T1 being nearly bone on bone. C6-7....what disk? There's supposed to be a disk in there?
Just finished (December 4th) 'pain management' shots and the "burn the nerves with an RF electrode" into 5, 6, 7 and T1 on the right side.
Shots last a week, electrode 'should' last months to years.
Left side electrode set is on the 3rd of January.
All the shots and electrodes are doing is killing the burning down both arms, and moving surgery from an elective item to emergency necessity. Eventually.
NOT looking forward to it.
Let me know how it goes.
The electrodes are the most painful thing I've ever had done being conscious.
Being married was easier.

Maybe I'll schedule mine for sooner rather than later.

Damn son, why not just go ahead and get the operation?

Thanks for the well wishes and good luck on your torture  ;D

Cats.
18 17 cats.
And a dog.
No one here to take care of them, so I schedule life around them.
The few days I took for RWTW gave me such a mess to clean up it nearly wasn't worth it.
But, it WAS SECOG...and it was Georgia....so I sucked up and broke out the PineSol.

Dr. said surgery in early 2017.
I said options?
He said...'maybe' chiropractor.
Chiropractor has done wonders with everything else, mentioned something about a 'flexibility of an 18yr old...(how he knew about my basement...I have no idea)
But the neck..."oh, hell no".
Pain Management 'might' be able to help.
Started them in August.
Last 'treatment' is in January.
If that doesn't hold, we'll be selling bikes come February and surgery over the summer when the animals can be entirely outside while I heal up.
If it wasn't for the cruise control on the wing...I'd have given up a while back.
Connie...she won't see me as a rider again. Wrong positioning for the neck.
Let me know how flexible you end up, and how it affects your riding.
And if you find an 18yr old...tell her she's in trouble, puts the lotion on her skin or she gets the hose.

millerized said:
Let me know how flexible you end up, and how it affects your riding.
And if you find an 18yr old...tell her she's in trouble, puts the lotion on her skin or she gets the hose.

I will let you know how it goes  :great:  and LOL at the last line  :rotflmao:

It's now 12 days until our Last Blast. If you have not registered, please do so ASAP. We may have a surprise visitor.

Bring a friend or friends - they will be welcome.

If the weather is crappy (rare for this event) come in the car. Drive if you must, but be there. Yes, you joined for the bike, but we are the people you stayed (are staying) for. You will be missed.

See 'ya

Larry_Buck_FL said:
It's now 12 days until our Last Blast. If you have not registered, please do so ASAP. We may have a surprise visitor.

Bring a friend or friends - they will be welcome.

See 'ya

OK.  I just registered. Looking forward to seeing everybody.

If anyone wants to meet up at my place for the ride over the coffee will be on. Departure time would be no later than 930.

Addy is
6six9 Woodview Dr.
Tavares, FL. 32778

:rotflmao:
SteveJ. said:
If anyone wants to meet up at my place for the ride over the coffee will be on. Departure time would be no later than 930.

Addy is
6six9 Woodview Dr.
Tavares, FL. 32778

Thanks Steve,  I plan on taking you up on it.

roader said:
:rotflmao:
SteveJ. said:

Addy is
6six9 Woodview Dr.
Tavares, FL. 32778

Thanks Steve,  I plan on taking you up on it.

Hiya Roy.

See ya then. Your PM instigated this, thanks.

SteveJ. said:

Addy is
6six9 Woodview Dr.
Tavares, FL. 32778
What kind of coffee you got there?  :confuse:

TicTac said:
SteveJ. said:

Addy is
6six9 Woodview Dr.
Tavares, FL. 32778

None pre-ground, all in bean form.

Some sort of Kona blend. The bag is gone, just have a few beans in the grinder. Got it at Publix, blue bag.

Barissimo(from Aldi's) single source from Peru. (probably my favorite, but I like them all)

Sam's Choice Colombia Supremo

Eight O Clock original

Eight O clock Central Highlands.

Any preferences?

Run down some "Jumping Goat". It's from Mexico and is roasted and ground near Helen  GA. Good stuff. You might have to find it online.

ron203 said:
Run down some "Jumping Goat". It's from Mexico and is roasted and ground near Helen  GA. Good stuff. You might have to find it online.

I've purposefully stay away from the pricier stuff as I'm afraid I'd like it.

SteveJ. said:
TicTac said:
SteveJ. said:

Addy is
6six9 Woodview Dr.
Tavares, FL. 32778

None pre-ground, all in bean form.

Some sort of Kona blend. The bag is gone, just have a few beans in the grinder. Got it at Publix, blue bag.

Barissimo(from Aldi's) single source from Peru. (probably my favorite, but I like them all)

Sam's Choice Colombia Supremo

Eight O Clock original

Eight O clock Central Highlands.

Any preferences?

I like   KOPI LUWAK  Coffee. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
You don't have it... :mad:  I am not coming.  :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: