• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Last Blast Before.......#20

Whoee!!! Great food. Great folks! Let the Good Times Roll! Good Times? Of course!!!

For you far away riders, change it up a bit.
Grap your honey & cage it for a fun weekend getaway from it all during the holidays!🎄
See ya there!
Jo, Fla

OK all of you SE and beyond riders,
ONLY 120 days until our annual Last Blast happens in Titusville!!
For those thinking of making a few days of "time off", there are hotels nearby and a variety of things to do.
Watching Cape Canaveral launch schedule, that location has been very active so far this yr.
See you there! Jo, F.,l aka Connie girl

7 1/2 hours for me from Western NC. Have the ok from SWMBO😁
Now to catch up on a few little items and I’ll be there. Been easily 30 years since I’ve had Dixie Crossroads

Probably because it doesn’t appear to be on the Event Calendar. We’ll see about getting it on there. Thanks

It's time - The 20th annual "Last Blast" event registration is up in the SE Events page.

Looking forward to seeing old and new friends once again.

A tip from Jo Poole, the Blast co-host - Drive to the Blast with your honey.

If you bribe our fearless leader, he might bring some Swag.

Larry

Checking to see if anyone is getting a hotel room? I was going to stay with a cousin but his project at the Cape ends 30 November.
Thought I’d put it out there.

Steve,

At the upper left corner, enter your email addy to register.

Looking forward to seeing you again.

Larry

Checking to see if anyone is getting a hotel room? I was going to stay with a cousin but his project at the Cape ends 30 November.
Thought I’d put it out there.
Great news. Found a Airbnb in town for the same price as a hotel. Now just to replace the front tire and fork seals and I’m just counting the days

Registered, only the second one to do so. Clunky registration process and tough just to get to registration page. Maybe some can create a hot link to make it easier and put it on the top.
Kemosabe, make it happen.
See all you knuckleheads there

Buying what? 😏

Just took the ol’ Rocket out of Summer slumber last week.. Fresh oil/filter and a warrrshhh. Now to see if I remember how to ride the thing.
Yeah, I heard it cooled off a bunch there. I'm currently staying near US 421 south of Bristol, TN, yesterdays high was a cloudy 38*. It was a pajama day in the camper. S'posed to get way up in the low fifties today. Roads and leaves are awesome.
Ask and ye shall receive. Registration link added to Larry’s opening post.

It worked. I couldn't make that happen the other day.

On TDY near chilly Johnson City, Tn., camping off of the 421 highway.

FYI: ALSO for your calendar
1- RTE- YALAHA BAKERY, NOV 5.Yalaha, Fl
2- Last Blast
3- CONEY ISLAND, BROOKVILLE. Fl
January 7
All start at 11AM.
Questions ask Jo Poole, Fl

Last edited:
Registered, only the second one to do so. Clunky registration process and tough just to get to registration page. Maybe some can create a hot link to make it easier and put it on the top.
Kemosabe, make it happen.
See all you knuckleheads there
I just hafta do this, Al who?

See ya there, buddy. 👨‍❤️‍👨 (tee, hee, hee)

Edit to add: On TDY near Shady Valley, TN. having great fun on the bike up here. Relocating to Hiawasee, GA on Wednesday for more frolicking with the itty bitty six fitty Versys.

Last edited:
I just hafta do this, Al who?

See ya there, buddy. 👨‍❤️‍👨 (tee, hee, hee)

Edit to add: On TDY near Shady Valley, TN. having great fun on the bike up here. Relocating to Hiawasee, GA on Wednesday for more frolicking with the itty bitty six fitty Versys.

If traffic is light in Hiawassee, check out the ride to the top of Bell Mtn. It’s a narrow twisty and steep road but the view is nice.

One month today IS The Last Blast!!
Yes, it's just around the corner.
Please register for the restaurant head count if you haven't already.
It's much appreciated
:) Jo

Cool, survive the blow OK?
We were overly cautious and moved inland to Ocala for two nights. We're heading back in the morning. We were lucky. Storm surge didn't make it to our house. South Daytona and areas south got beat up. The dunes and seawalls were already compromised by Ian, then Nicole was the knockout punch. Very sad to see peoples' homes dropping into the ocean. This is going to be a long recovery. Thanks for asking.

Yep. Can’t be TOO cautious in storms like this. My family members down in St. Lucie (Ft Pierce and Port St Lucie) we’re very fortunate. Will be riding on down to see them after our COG gathering.

FYI, a new door prize has been donated by Marty and Pete Long— a SET of Michelin PR6’s will be awarded at this RTE. You must be present to win. Wow!

Many thanks to the Longs, most particularly Marty. She rocks!! Thank you!

Very impressive. Put the bags on and took it for a ride. Feels ready to roll. On call @ work this week for 7 days then short week and down to T’ville on Friday. Short break but looking forward to it 👍👍

Michelin Certificate is valid to June 10, 2023. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery. Please double check the tire fitment (C-10 sizes are available) at the Michelin site Good luck!

Well, due to circumstances beyond my control I’m having to cancel my ride there. Was looking forward to it. Not making it on down to Ft Pierce to visit family either.

Some lucky Connie owner is going to win a $400.00 pair of Michelin tires.

BUT, 'ya gotta be present to win.

Tick tock, tick tock.

Larry

Unfortunately my wife took a slip on the back deck last month and she is experiencing a set back with pain. I don’t feel comfortable leaving her at the moment.
Possibly next years meet

Sue and I have will have to miss this today. We both have some nasty cold that we don’t want to unleash onto others. I was really looking forward to this. Hope you all have a great time. See you at the next one.

Last Blast Before #20

Short writeup for your reading pleasure. Picture courtesy of Ironbutt Al.

Attachments

• Last-Blast-20.pdf
    113.1 KB · Views: 56
  • Last-Blast-Pix.jpg
    Last-Blast-Pix.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 65