• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Last Fender for Sale...

gilbysan

Don't ask me how I came to own three C14 fenders...you know how it goes when searching for parts. This is a new Ebony Fender that has protective masking on it. I do not recall and scratches or damage to it when I put the masking on and did not have my heat gun to take the stuff of when I took pics of them, but it is in really like new condition if not new. It has a fender extender installed already. Asking $110 plus actual shipping.

Contact me with any questions.

Cheers!

gilbysan, aka - FatNinja

Attachments

• 20211220_174530.jpg
    20211220_174530.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 96
  • 20211220_174539.jpg
    20211220_174539.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 90
Mike, just to confirm this is the fender you are talking about for $100 plus shipping, correct? If yes, let me know and I will get the estimate for shipping UPS to FL. Then we can do the PayPal gig.

It was some time ago when I put the masking on it, so let me take it off and inspect the fender again to insure its condition before we do the deal; just want to make sure it is what I believe it to be...

You know, I got tired of the front fender taking gravel hits, etc. and went to an all carbon fender sold by Bestem, the same folks that make carry inserts for our saddle bags. It is made for a ZX14 but is identical and fits perfectly. It has built in wings vs. the black ones on the C14 fender and the whole rig has held up really well for 4 years now and I ride year round. It look good too. Just a thought.

Thanks!

BG

BG,
$100 plus shipping is ok. I was thinking about switching to a ZX14 fender since they are the same and more available but if your fender looks good than I’ll go with that
Leaving Friday for the sport touring track school this weekend so let me know how it looks
Thanks

Mike,

Safe Riding! Hope you have a good experience. I am also out of town this weekend and will get to the fender, which is in storage early next week and report back to you then.

BG,
you missed a great event. I've been riding over 50 years and learned more about riding this weekend than the previous decades. Doug did a great job with his instructional classes and the track time was incredible ------ I still need a lot of practice ----- . I'll be around all next week so anytime on the front fender.
Thanks,
Mike

Mike, finally got to the storage unit and pulled the fender out. It looks pretty nice and I cannot detect any defects or scratches and did not remove the masking i put on back then. I will take it to the shipping place to get a price on shipping to you and circle back later today.

Please send me your address for shipping cost estimate.

Thanks for your patience! Glad you have a good session at the track!

BG

Mike, bad news I am afraid. The cost to ship the fender UPS is $125. if you can believe that. I assume that is a non-starter for you since you can get a new one from partzilla.com for $203. with free shipping. Or a CF version from Bestem for $259 with $14.95 shipping. Sorry this did not work out, I had no idea that shipping costs had gotten so out of hand. Even USPS goes for $117. Talk about inflation!

Let me know if you know anything different. Otherwise good luck and sorry it took so long to figure this out!

Bob Gilbert

Bob,
that's certainly a deal breaker. Never thought a plastic fender that can't weigh more than 5 lbs cost that much to ship? Where are you located?

Mike, yeah go figure. The Ground shipping to her Zip is $34.07. Let me know if that works for you. Sorry it is so much a challenge...BG

Mike, actually it does. I did not notice it when I photoed them but there is a nice one. It look like it is from Murphs.

BG

Bob,
still trying to work out the logistics on getting the fender to Tampa but pls send me over your PayPal address when you get a chance.
Thanks