• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Last minute RTE Mar 5 2021 - Chattooga River Lodge, Long Creek SC.

bugnut

Our Erik Larsen found a neat little place that we might use for a future overnight, multi-night camp and ride, but can also work for a RTE! Although really short notice!

Large, well appointed 'lodge' of sorts. Darn good sized eating area and bar. Has some motel style rooms that a few face the lot, others face the inner quad that has a large fire pit and seating area for chill'n and bench racing.

We expect to meet on Cherokee Foothills Scenic Hwy, Hwy 11 at Aunt Sue's Country Corner at about 10 am Saturday 5 Mar. This Saturday!! Sorry, yeah late, last minute. Kickstands up NLT 10:30. https://www.google.com/maps/place/A...2473497653b03f!8m2!3d35.0389947!4d-82.6702423

Then run over to Long Creek and the Chattooga River Lodge via Lake Toxaway, Cashiers, Highlands and end up at: https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...6e!5m2!4m1!1i2!8m2!3d34.7759017!4d-83.2776957 - https://www.chattoogalodge.com/

Snaps of a stop by a few weeks back -

2022-03-02_16-02-58.jpg

2022-03-02_16-03-46.jpg

2022-03-02_16-05-31.jpg

2022-03-02_16-17-55.jpg

2022-03-02_16-04-20.jpg
A classy joint... fra - gee - lay table accoutrements!

Hope to see y'all there!

Mike

Looks great but I’ve got previous commitment,

Now a definite"maybe" as my other commitment has bailed on me. If I come, what time's the meet up at the place (since I'll be coming out of Gainesville GA? Thanks.

Last edited:
Great to see guys. That’s a nice place a really nice in which to ride.

Yep, not a bad time! Ride there and back was really good. Limited traffic and great weather. Here's a little taste....

Enjoy
Mike

This area is where the river scenes of the movie “Deliverance”was filmed. You know, the one with Burt Reynolds’s?

I followed two very nice cars from Atlanta on the way back on a few crooked country roads, obviously following Google maps. I grew up around this part of GA, but I had Google maps on anyway. At the last minute, Google sent them right instead of left, toward a dead end and then left up the mountain on a pig trail road. It wanted me to go too, but I knew better. I thought (hoped) they were going to a cabin or something, so I turned around to go back the way I knew to be correct, regardless of Google nagging me.

As I rode away, it seemed like I heard the distant and disturbing sounds of a banjo.LOL

Great day to ride.