• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Late Intro Member since FEB 22

1951vbs4426

Hi Folks,

I monitored the forum for a while and decided to join to help support this great group.

Been riding for 47 years, 37 motorcycles (total, not currently) 1,005.000 miles on two wheels and counting.

Have been working in the Motorcycle Industry for 26 years (Labor of love, which is probably why I still have to work)

Several sport touring bikes, Buell RS1200, Buell S3T, Aprilia Futura, ST 1300, K1200S, K1200GT, B-King (with bags/windscreen), Sprint GT and 2 F6B's (if those count) before the Concours. Plus some touring bikes: 3 Electra-Glides, Redneck Undresser and a Victory Vision.

Bought a 2012 C14 used with 19,763 miles 3 years ago (101,500 miles now) and like it more than anything else I've had.
You guys know a good bike. I'm surprised it took me this long to come aboard.

Russell Day Long Saddle
MRA Vario Windscreen
Heli-bars
Givi V56 Top Box
Lowered footpegs
Caterpiller Cruise Control
Grip Puppies
Tech Spec Tank and Saddlebag pads
Disabled Cubby Lock
Radio Knob Keys on Bag Locks
Vance & Hines CS ONE Muffler
R&G Kickstand Foot
Garmin Zumo XT GPS
SW Motech Magnetic Tank Bag

I also have a 79 CX500 Cafe Racer I mess around with but that's all for now.

Thank you all for access to a wealth of knowledge on the Concours!

Welcome.. Sounds like you have a nice bike there. You like it better than the K1200's? A buddy of mine had an S, I've always liked them. I heard maintenance is crazy expensive tho,(typical BMW).

Welcome.. Sounds like you have a nice bike there. You like it better than the K1200's? A buddy of mine had an S, I've always liked them. I heard maintenance is crazy expensive tho,(typical BMW).
Your going to be sorry you asked, but...I liked both the K1200s but had some real mechanical issues with them. At the time I was commuting 58,000/year and bought a BMW based on their reputation for longevity. The reputation must have come from the boxer bikes because the K1200S final drive went bad at 38,000. Warranty is 36,000 so Mother BMW refused to cover it, however the dealer took it on trade and I went to the K1200GT (and bought an extended warranty). It had some stalling problems that were never really rectified but the big issue was the cam chain tensioner let loose at 88,000 miles, bent some valves and wrecked the head. Warranty company paid $13,000 but it took 51 weeks to get fixed due to parts availability and special tools needed from Germany. Even after it was repaired the engine light would come on after some period of riding. It ran fine but would set off a "knock" sensor. Audible knock, not detonation knock, anyway the dealer exhausted everything they knew and Mother BMW refused to help because the bike, although less than two years old had over 36,000 miles. Needless to say, I am not a fan of BMW.

Welcome to the group 1951. Your gonna like it here.
LOts of good folks in the COGdom. (even Bud) 🥴

I have a question tho.
Did you join COG as a COG Member, or did you join the COG Forum?
I ask because its showing you as a Forum Subscriber but sez you joined in September?

Ride safe, Ted

Hi Folks,

I monitored the forum for a while and decided to join to help support this great group.

Been riding for 47 years, 37 motorcycles (total, not currently) 1,005.000 miles on two wheels and counting.

Have been working in the Motorcycle Industry for 26 years (Labor of love, which is probably why I still have to work)

Several sport touring bikes, Buell RS1200, Buell S3T, Aprilia Futura, ST 1300, K1200S, K1200GT, B-King (with bags/windscreen), Sprint GT and 2 F6B's (if those count) before the Concours. Plus some touring bikes: 3 Electra-Glides, Redneck Undresser and a Victory Vision.

Bought a 2012 C14 used with 19,763 miles 3 years ago (101,500 miles now) and like it more than anything else I've had.
You guys know a good bike. I'm surprised it took me this long to come aboard.

Russell Day Long Saddle
MRA Vario Windscreen
Heli-bars
Givi V56 Top Box
Lowered footpegs
Caterpiller Cruise Control
Grip Puppies
Tech Spec Tank and Saddlebag pads
Disabled Cubby Lock
Radio Knob Keys on Bag Locks
Vance & Hines CS ONE Muffler
R&G Kickstand Foot
Garmin Zumo XT GPS
SW Motech Magnetic Tank Bag

I also have a 79 CX500 Cafe Racer I mess around with but that's all for now.

Thank you all for access to a wealth of knowledge on the Concours!
U need to come to the national in eureka springs Arkansas...

U need to come to the national in eureka springs Arkansas...
This will be my first COG National, 1951 become a full member and meet us at Eureka Springs in about a month! Lots LOTS of great folks here!

Welcome!

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Welcome to the group 1951. Your gonna like it here.
LOts of good folks in the COGdom. (even Bud) 🥴

I have a question tho.
Did you join COG as a COG Member, or did you join the COG Forum?
I ask because its showing you as a Forum Subscriber but sez you joined in September?

Ride safe, Ted
I joined as a full member in February but it was still showing forum subscriber. Some glitch. I think it is fixed now.

9600 miles on the beach cruiser. 5 miles a day, 5 days a week, 50 weeks a year for 8 years.

Wow, that's really good for a beach cruiser!👍 Sounds like fun😁
I have 23,000 on my 2011 road bike and only 20,000 on my 2008 c14🙃🙄
But that's going to change this year. 🚲🏍🏍