• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Lava Run 2019 -- REGISTRATION IS OPEN

Gumby

2nd Annual Lava Run Registration

August 16 - 18, 2019

Anybody that chooses to stay the weekend the 1st floor has been blocked out for COG, unless of course you like to climb stairs.
$114.99 for two queens or a king room. MENTION COG for the rate.

Sisters Inn & Suites is now taking reservations!

605 N Arrowleaf Trail, Sisters, OR 97759
(541) 549-7829
www.sistersinnandsuites.com

Saturday's (No host) dinner will be a 4-minute walk to Takoda's Restaurant & Lounge, the back porch has been reserved for COG. There Saturday special is a 10oz. Crusted Prime Rib dinner with baked potato, fresh vegetables, and garlic bread. You can order that or anything else, pizza, burgers, sandwiches, soups, and salads. If you would like to order the Prime Rib please let me know so I can give them a count for our group to insure they will have enough. Check out their menu: www.takodassisters.com

Shirts can be ordered at www.companycasuals.com/lavarun
Instructions are on website. You can order any style or color of shirt you like, but you must call Masters Inc. at 503-531-3308 to make a credit card payment or you can mail a check at the address below.

Shirts must to be ordered and paid for by July 26th to have then delivered to the Lava Run. Otherwise, you can choose to pay a shipping fee to get shirts earlier or after the Run, or if you live in the area you can pick up at 5741 NE Cornelius Pass Rd, Hillsboro, OR 97124

Group photo will be taken at Dee Wright Observatory @ 8:30AM Saturday followed by riders meeting.
Kickstands up and go where ever your heart desires, I'm taking Jami to the Painted Hills then to the John Day Fossil Beds.
We had Kim & Susan Neises from Wisconsin and Craig & Donna Kirchofer Southern Cali come hang with us in 2018. I want visitors from every region to come check out what we have to offer in Oregon.

https://youtu.be/Et8mXkG6TCY

Tom,
thanks for the hard work at setting this up.  looking forward to it again!  will get the inn contacted this weekend.
-Brian

danodemotoman said:
Looking fwd to making this rally this year! :))

Excellent!  Let me know if you're looking for travel partners.  It takes more than one to get Grant out of the ditch.

The presumed ride leader is Charlie but I will chime in to answer ANDY
Yes join us on the ride to the BC  I mean the Lava Run

Andy said:
Mind if I tag along? I still have duct tape, but no spare parts.
Andy

Just made my reservation for a room.  With all the excitement going on, I thought the Inn might get sold out.

Chris

Gumby, I won’t be around at that time, but thought I’d pass to whoever does go! Three Creeks brewery is on the south end of Sisters, and they have the BEST Calzone ever! The recipe comes from an old chef that used to work the old Blue Lodge at Mt Bachelor back in the 60’s.

Bruiser said:
Gumby, I won’t be around at that time, but thought I’d pass to whoever does go! Three Creeks brewery is on the south end of Sisters, and they have the BEST Calzone ever! The recipe comes from an old chef that used to work the old Blue Lodge at Mt Bachelor back in the 60’s.
Good tip Bruce, I love me a good calzone with my beer. :beerchug:

This looks like a great time, unfortunately I have a schedule conflict.  Our family reserved spots at Lake Chelan during that time, so I'll be there instead.  Be safe!

Anybody need a room mate?  Anybody want to share a room with me if I make the reservation?

Charlie

I am anchored to the farmstead.
Not likely riding more than one day events. I still ride frequently so don't cry for me.

I finally got around to registering and make reservations. I've driven a cage in the area a number of times going to the coast. I'm looking forward to doing it on 2 wheels. There are some great roads in the area.

Jim_Sherman_ID said:
I finally got around to registering and make reservations. I've driven a cage in the area a number of times going to the coast. I'm looking forward to doing it on 2 wheels. There are some great roads in the area.

Will Glena be with you?

Was there last year for the inaugural Lava Run, and will show again this year. 
Good time! 

Follow up to my announcement at the Bun Cooler:

Yes Jami and I are still moving to AZ, but the NW is stuck with us until December which means we will still host the Lava Run this year. Get your shirt/swag orders in and we will deliver to Sisters. :great:

Reminder on the Prime Rib dinner... Let me know.
Gumby said:
If you would like to order the Prime Rib please let me know so I can give them a count for our group to insure they will have enough. Check out their menu: www.takodassisters.com

See y'all there,

Charlie_Gary_AAD said:
danodemotoman said:

Excellent!  Let me know if you're looking for travel partners.  It takes more than one to get Grant out of the ditch.
You just couldn't  help yourself could you  :-[  ::)

Andy said:
Mind if I tag along? I still have duct tape, but no spare parts.
Andy

I still have you bungees  :beerchug: :rotflmao:

Even with my last years misfortune and the multitude of great rides offered by the NW area this is one of my favorite!
Unfortunately my family reunion has been the third weekend in August for ever and I received a lot of flack for missing it last year so I most likely not make it this year.
Anyone on the fence about this one it's highly recommended it is truly one of the best time!!!

Grant said:
Charlie_Gary_AAD said:
danodemotoman said:

You just couldn't  help yourself could you  :-[  ::)

Sometimes opportunity knocks, and when I open the door my inside voice runs out.

Are you ready to try that corner again?

Of course, and now it's personal  ;) although not sure I will be going this year... :(

Lava Run is a month out, get your shirt orders in by next Friday, 7/26/19.

Prime Rib? Anyone? Anyone?

Registered today. 

IMG_2544%202_zpsiqwr7pd5.jpg

IMG_2532%202_zpsbgckhd8i.jpg

As of today, long range Sisters, OR weather forecast is for hi temps ~80F with no rain.  Hoot, Hoot.
https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/b83672e977a7201275c24467ad6372527fbc04ee4396870e078b5273af5a1475

Nice weather forecast for Sisters, OR!
Fri / Sat / Sun high temps of 85F, no rain and full sun! 

Does a 6:00PM dinner work for everybody? Earlier/Later?

I need to give Takoda's a time.

See y'all Friday,

the Lava run was great again this year.  i'll get the photos i took posted late this week or early next.  i was the only one who wanted to go see crater lake.  most had already seen it several times.  many went out to the painted hills.  another gorgeous work of art.  i had no idea crater lake was that BIG.  it is impressive.

And some new NW riders showed up.  Welcome Steve, Heidi, and Joshua from Stayton.  great people.
-tdbru

Gumby Edit: added Joshua :great:

yeah, Josh was great too, but i couldn't remember if the name was Joshua or Joseph.  just knew it started with a J.  my bad!!
-brian

Here is the little rip Kevin and I did on Saturday. The stretch of road from Fossil to Antelope is absolutely the bomb. :Woot_Emoticon:

Attachments

• Ride.jpg
    Ride.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 118
great photos Red Fox.  being the dino i'm waiting for the pic's to come back.  i'll post more when i get them.
-tdbru