• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Let's talk 2018 regional

Gumby

https://cog.memberize.net/clubportal/Eventdetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=252616&welcome=Tom&CFID=249137570&CFTOKEN=ec55c33ee1220a47-D1A6B48F-2590-AA0D-5922AF2E919E8E0A

Sisters, OR
August 17-19

Sisters Inn and Suites
605 N Arrowleaf Trail, Sisters, OR 97759
http://www.sistersinnandsuites.com/
(541) 549-7829

If you want to go I suggest you book a room sooner than later. I blocked out 15 rooms, $114.99 for two queens or a king room....MENTION COG for that rate. They will give us more if we need them and we book early (NOW!). The overflow hotel will be the Best Western across the street, their rates start at $170ish.

Lots of camping in the area if that works for you as well.

Saturday dinner is a taco bar at Depot Cafe in Sisters, OR

I am working on setting up a registration page, but I need to get a measure of interest on everything first. Plus, I need to think of a rally name. This is just to nice of an area to call it the REGIONAL....how boring is that?
Does pizza work for everybody or would you rather eat in the restaurant? I vote pizza in the parking lot :beerchug:
Do we want shirts? Working on shirts!
Is there anybody in the Central Oregon area that would like to set up ride routes?
What other things would you guys/gals like to see at these rides/rallies?

Pizza is out for me and would need something else without bread. Which is too bad. For me. Washing down pizza with a favorite barley pop among friends was a great deal of fun.

Sounds great Tom I will be watching  for the last registration  page.
Tim would a glutton free crust work for you? If given  notice maybe  they could accommodate  :beerchug:

Keep an eye on this thread, pizza dude is a no go. :( I will update as we get new info and a head count. Tim, Grant, plus Jami and I makes four.

Sounds like fun, thanks for putting this together Gumby & Jami, hopefully I can make those dates work!  :great:

WingCon said:
Arrive 16th depart 19th?
Not sure what the question is. You are retired right?

I don't work Friday's so it is when Jami and I arrive til we leave. I am going to get the registration up today. We're going to do the restaurant and shirts will be an after thought for The Real Sisters Rally.

ConcoursKZ said:
The official sandwich for Williamsport Pennsylvania is the cosmo sandwich.

OOPS I think you thought you were posting in the nationals thread this is the NW.  Regionals thread. :-[

Gumby said:
WingCon said:
Arrive 16th depart 19th?
Not sure what the question is. You are retired right?

I don't work Friday's so it is when Jami and I arrive til we leave. I am going to get the registration up today. We're going to do the restaurant and shirts will be an after thought for The Real Sisters Rally.

Yes, I'm retired.  But retirement is  a tough business!  Two bikes trips to South America in 2018 so far and am now finishing up a trip to Tuktoyaktuk on the Arctic Ocean..  Retirement isn't for sissies..    ;D

Jami and I are hanging out in Sisters this weekend doing a little recon mission for the rally. We have decided to call this the annual Lava Run. We found a cute little place for Saturday's dinner. The Depot Cafe is going to do a taco bar for us on their back porch. Register soon, I need to get a head count for dinner.

See y'all next month,

Updated Post

https://cog.memberize.net/clubportal/Eventdetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=252616&welcome=Tom&CFID=249137570&CFTOKEN=ec55c33ee1220a47-D1A6B48F-2590-AA0D-5922AF2E919E8E0A

Sisters, OR
August 17-19

Sisters Inn and Suites
605 N Arrowleaf Trail, Sisters, OR 97759
http://www.sistersinnandsuites.com/
(541) 549-7829

If you want to go I suggest you book a room sooner than later. I blocked out 15 rooms, $114.99 for two queens or a king room....MENTION COG for that rate. They will give us more if we need them and we book early (NOW!). The overflow hotel will be the Best Western across the street, their rates start at $170ish.

Lots of camping in the area if that works for you as well.

Taco bar for dinner on Saturday at Depot Cafe in Sisters, OR

I am working on shirts.

How about one of these logos for the shirts?

Attachments

• Color.png
    Color.png
    50 KB · Views: 118
  • Black and white.png
    Black and white.png
    21 KB · Views: 121
COG'sters have booked 11 rooms @ Sisters in, she said she only has one other room that was not part of my original block and she will hold it for us for now. That is 5 rooms left so if you are on the fence about going, better make up your mind and scoop up a room soon. :great:

Did I mention the one across the street starts @ $179, they may get booked up as well though. :-\

:)Okay okay okay I am registered and I have reservations for the night of the 16th night of the 17th and the night of the 18th. I looking forward to seeing everybody. Dale :)

Farkwar said:
:)Okay okay okay I am registered and I have reservations for the night of the 16th night of the 17th and the night of the 18th. I looking forward to seeing everybody. Dale :)
:)  :beerchug:

My wife and I are currently near Jasper BC. I would estimate visibility at 3-5 miles. Kind of a waste of time being here.
My question is it worth coming down to Sisters this weekend or should we "high tail" it back to Wisconsin. I see there are air quality warnings for both  WA and OR. Your honest input is appreciated.

knobbytyre said:
I am considering running down to sisters to spend the day with ya. what time do you plan to depart from the hotel?
I can't speak for everybody, but I would suspect most do not have plans yet. Most of us look over a map and/or ride routes on Friday, point and say I am going that way at this time tomorrow.

Gumby is correct. Most look at maps and see who is going where. Departure times vary deciding where to go is figured out the night before or even that morning. A better idea might be to show up Friday afternoon and spend an evening with the group. Just a thought.