• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Letting the secret out!!

Konehead34

Dam, if those Ohio members havrnt been super secret about the ohio windy 9 area if their state. These are concours roads thru and thru. For a second or two i thought i was back in Arkansas. Dam fine twisties, little traffic (planned our rides for aftr 10am)great views and really nice temps for august 1st...

Order urself a copy of Ohio windy 9 and mke ur own plans... hell this could be a national location and theres a state park nearby with a lodge just like lake Guntersville...

By the way it windy like corkscrew not windy like gusty winds... local feedback..!!

Haha

My wife is from down there. When the maps came out and Athens county tourism released them.....she said "we been riding these roads for years...what's the big deal?" Being from INdiana I was new to them when we first started Dating but she carved em up so I had to ride hard if I was gonna catch her.

Just spent Memorial day weekend with a group down there. It is heavenly. Her cousin owns a general store on 555 I think where it crosses 37....called Port 37 Talking to him at a recent funeral I told him he should stock it with Triple Nickle patches, stickers and pins and make a killin

Ill have to check it, ill them him u sent me.. we did pick up a patch at finks harley... 3 of our group are riding them. I dont.mind waiting for them at the turns...lol

Haha. You would have to wait for them down there. All the guys in that area that I ride with term them "Milwaukee Roadblocks" when they come up behind them. Hopefully he took my advice and bought stock....if not let him know you are one of the target market I told him about at Brenda's funeral

Konehead, I lead a group to Athens, Ohio for the Memorial Day Weekend.
COG did a weekend at Burr Oak, SP WAY BACK in the 90's.
It's a nice area for sure.
jason

I love that area. A friend of mine described it aptly, he said "It's like riding in the Deals Gap area except if you mess up you're going off into a farm field instead of off a mountain." We're having the CB1100 Eastern US Rally there in September.