• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

lightweight travel cover

John_Atkinson

hi all,

looking for a lightweight travel cover...just something to keep the bike covered at night and keep the seat/cockpit dry if it rains, but also something that packs down really small and light.

suggestions?

thanks in advance,
JA

I have the Nelson Rigg 1/2 cover Size large.  It keeps the dew off, and will actually cover the back of the bike, but in the photo I had moved it to access the cooler ;)  And for the record this photo is from 2018, so that TP in the side pocket was pandemic.

20180915_063650 by MizzouMike, on Flickr

John_Atkinson said:
hi all,

looking for a lightweight travel cover...just something to keep the bike covered at night and keep the seat/cockpit dry if it rains, but also something that packs down really small and light.

suggestions?

thanks in advance,
JA

still use my C10 cover,was built for the bike..(and it still works on the C14, very nicely..) ;  a free prize from my first RWTW rally back in?.. every once in a while, when I wash my Stich, I toss it in, and it become "proofed again.. fit's the C14 nice, and rolls up in a pack the size of  beer can.. love it.. ask the guys that sell the merchandise to bring it back, and keep it being sold. Light weight, built to endure, and it rolls up small.. really small...and doesn't act as a "sail" that will tip the bike over in winds.. well, as long as you install it correctly....
Robust covers, I will say, will flip the bike on it's side in short order in 30 mph winds..

Attachments

• cover 1.jpg
    cover 1.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 162
  • cover 2.jpg
    cover 2.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 163
  • cover 3.jpg
    cover 3.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 160
I use the Oxford Umbratex bike cover XL.  Purchased at Motorsport $25. big enough to cover the front fairing cockpit handlebars seat and side cases doesn't go down below exhaust pipes retention straps works well. Folds up into a case about 2" x 6" x 8"

I have the Nelson Rigg 1/2 cover Size large. It keeps the dew off, and will actually cover the back of the bike, but in the photo I had moved it to access the cooler ;) And for the record this photo is from 2018, so that TP in the side pocket was pandemic.

20180915_063650 by MizzouMike, on Flickr
hi Mike, looks like that might do the trick -- do you have a rear topcase on your bike or does that cover fit over your cooler too?

mind if I ask what size windscreen you're running up front?

I use this basic cover. Simple, cheap, will last for years, comes in its own case about size of a shoebox.

Also it’s nothing fancy which keeps wandering eyes from looking at your machine in a hotel parking lot.

hi Mike, looks like that might do the trick -- do you have a rear topcase on your bike or does that cover fit over your cooler too?

mind if I ask what size windscreen you're running up front?
Hi, I have been off the COG site for a while, but to answer your question. I have the OEM rack that I strap a cooler on during road trips, and the windscreen is a CeeBailey. I have since sold the bike. But I have also found another supplier. https://eztouring.com/

Made by Betty in USA. I spoke with Betty and she sewed up this beauty for my BMW GS. She rearranged some of her colors for this configuration.

20220227_144635.jpg

Tour King used to make half covers for the Concours. these are the ones that used to be in the the COG Member Store - might be worth a call.