• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Liking the 1/2 naked look

Looks good, but id get some protection for that oil cooler. Even with a fender extender i still.managed to catch something that put a hole in it. And that was with all the Tupperware surrounding it.

Nice ! I wouldn't mind getting another to do that with . I really like a short windshield too and may never go back to a taller one .

Attachments

• 20211023_100206_(1).jpg
    20211023_100206_(1).jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 95
Crag
Nice looking bike.
Enjoy the ride.
I like the half naked look too.
šŸ˜
Best Regards
Bob

Attachments

• EB7CD7D4-9559-4D4A-91EC-774A06AC7C5B.jpeg
    EB7CD7D4-9559-4D4A-91EC-774A06AC7C5B.jpeg
    221.7 KB · Views: 259
C10 Forum gods -

New member and first post. I realize this is an older thread. I just bought a 2006 C10 that is "half naked". It's been sitting for over 2 years and doesn't run - yet.

Where do you relocate the coolant/fluid bottle that is right at the point of the "chin", directly behind the front wheel? Can someone point me to a thread that discusses that mod?

Thanks!

Joe C. in NorCal

C10 Forum gods -

New member and first post. I realize this is an older thread. I just bought a 2006 C10 that is "half naked". It's been sitting for over 2 years and doesn't run - yet.

Where do you relocate the coolant/fluid bottle that is right at the point of the "chin", directly behind the front wheel? Can someone point me to a thread that discusses that mod?

Thanks!

Joe C. in NorCal
Here's one way . Some have relocated them under the seat behind the battery also .
Thread 'Easy coolant tank relocation' https://forum.concours.org/index.php?threads/easy-coolant-tank-relocation.55197/

Wow - that was fast! Thanks Cra-z1000!!

I"m really looking forward to this project. I had a 2007 Ninja 500 for a while and really liked that bike. I figured if the ZG1000 has twice the engine, I should like it twice as much!

Joe C. in NorCal

C10 Forum gods -

Thanks!

Joe C. in NorCal
Joe welcome to the group, signup and become a full member lots more (tons) of great information(technical documents) available to members, especially helpful for a first time Concours owner.

As you see a good group of folks.

Again, welcome!

Wayne, Carol & Blue

One of our COG Members in Austria (Ralf) kept the side fairing but cut out the center of the fairing so that the engine can be seen. It still protected the radiator etc, and the coolant tank was in it's original place.
Looked very good.
I'll try to find a photo of it.

WOW! That looks great! The bike I bought did not come with the pieces and parts of the engine cover fairings or the chin fairing. It was already half naked. I was browsing EBay for replacement parts and they were expensive.

I was wondering why the exhaust pipes out of the engine looked "unfinished" - now I know they weren't supposed to be seen anyway since the bike came faired.

I'll post progress on my project. I just want to change out all the fluids, check the cylinders for hydrolock damage, clean the carbs, put a good battery in it and see if it fires.

Stay tuned!

Joe C. in NorCal

So I upgraded to full membership! I wanted to post photos of the carbs on my "new to me" c10.

I got the side covers, tank and coils off today. Checked for hydrolock damage and (using Steve S.'s screwdriver method), no damage that I could tell. Got the carb bank off (also thanks to Steve S.'s video - I only used the hair dryer tool), and opened the #4 float bowl. Sea Foam Green gunk everywhere. Main jet was growing moss. Pilot jet completely plugged. Sea Foam.... Why is it always Sea Foam?? Bike starts to run like crap and they dump in Sea Foam...

IMG_3917.jpeg
IMG_3918.jpeg

Last edited:
index.php

Unsure of your background/capabilities?

When you do the carbs, you don't have to remove each carb from the assembly, but you do need to remove all the pieces and be sure that all the passageway's are open.

1 is often missed.
In this photo, (at the top of the tube where the passageway meets the body) you can see a small hole.
When cleaning the carbs, be sure to check that hole/passegway is open.
If not, it will cause hard starting as it works with the Enricher Valves (Choke valves)

NOTE: I haven't been inside a C-10 carb in a while. Hoping I'm showing the correct location.

Hey Connie Rider - Thanks for the tip. I'll make sure to check it. I'm still waiting for parts. I realize I don't have to disassemble the whole rack of carbs. I've done dozens of carb rebuilds since I was a teenager back in the early 70's. I had a 2007 Ninja 500 which was very similar to this setup. I do have a question though about these particular Keihins.

IMG_3919 (1).jpeg

I've cleaned and blown out the main and pilot circuits successfully. The intake shown with the pick is, what I assume to be the "choke"/fuel enrichment starting circuit intake. Holding the enrichment slide open on top of the carbs, I can't get any flow through this intake. I can't get the tiniest wire to penetrate the brass fitting at the intake at the tip of the pick as shown. What am I missing?? Any advice? Thanks in advance !!!

Hey Connie Rider - Thanks for the tip. I'll make sure to check it. I'm still waiting for parts. I realize I don't have to disassemble the whole rack of carbs. I've done dozens of carb rebuilds since I was a teenager back in the early 70's. I had a 2007 Ninja 500 which was very similar to this setup. I do have a question though about these particular Keihins.

View attachment 34973

I've cleaned and blown out the main and pilot circuits successfully. The intake shown with the pick is, what I assume to be the "choke"/fuel enrichment starting circuit intake. Holding the enrichment slide open on top of the carbs, I can't get any flow through this intake. I can't get the tiniest wire to penetrate the brass fitting at the intake at the tip of the pick as shown. What am I missing?? Any advice? Thanks in advance !!!
PM sent

I'm not the carb expert so only guessing. (As I sed, it's been some time since I was into a set of Connie carbs)
The enrichiner jet is tiny and it may be stopped up too.

Use a can of WD-40 or Carb cleaner and use the red straw.
Blow fluid into the hole at the top and see if/where the fluid comes out.
Open the enrichiner valves and do the same. Blow air thru same. Eventually you'll see flow.

NOTE: When you get flow, finish by flushing with WD-40 thoroughly to prevent possible rubber damage.

The reason I mentioned the hole earlier is I rebuilt some carbs and then found that that the Enrichiner didn't work. Made cranking the bike awful.
I talked to Steve and after his suggestion, I went back and cleanied those holes and the enrichiner passageways. It solved the problem for me.

Ride safe, Ted

I'm not the carb expert so only guessing. (As I sed, it's been some time since I was into a set of Connie carbs)
The enrichiner jet is tiny and it may be stopped up too.

Use a can of WD-40 or Carb cleaner and use the red straw.
Blow fluid into the hole at the top and see if/where the fluid comes out.
Open the enrichiner valves and do the same. Blow air thru same. Eventually you'll see flow.

NOTE: When you get flow, finish by flushing with WD-40 thoroughly to prevent possible rubber damage.

The reason I mentioned the hole earlier is I rebuilt some carbs and then found that that the Enrichiner didn't work. Made cranking the bike awful.
I talked to Steve and after his suggestion, I went back and cleanied those holes and the enrichiner passageways. It solved the problem for me.

Ride safe, Ted
Thanks Ted - I started another thread and had success today. all 4 jets cleared. I'm just waiting parts now. I live in a pretty rural area of NorCal and can't just buzz down to the local MC shop and get parts. Waiting is the hardest part!!