• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Location and Area Info

Daboo

On the old forum, you could see both the "Location" info like Seattle, and a field showing which area we belonged to, like NW. Is this something we can get back on the forum at some time?

Chris

Previously, that data was brought over from the database by the authentication plug-in. That operation is not part of the current plug-in , although it is on the list of desired features for a future phase of work with the offshore developer. Until then, this info may be entered manually by the user.

+1 for this as well. It was nice to see what area the user is from or logged themselves under.

"...this info may be entered manually by the user." I've entered my details under "Location" and "Area" under my profile, but I don't see any of this when I look in a thread I've responded to...

Missing Area info.JPG

Is there another button we need to click, or the whole operation itself has not been implemented?

thanks,
-Robert

Click on the username to see additional info.

I knew it was an extra click or hovering your cursor over the username, thanks. I guess Chris and I were expecting to see the info displayed below or somewhere like the old forum did when reading threads rather than going into another menu. And you're right, the info would be missing if the user did not fill these in. Hopefully these can implemented in the future, please!

Robert

I knew it was an extra click or hovering your cursor over the username, thanks. I guess Chris and I were expecting to see the info displayed below or somewhere like the old forum did when reading threads rather than going into another menu. And you're right, the info would be missing if the user did not fill these in. Hopefully these can implemented in the future, please!

Robert
Put all that info in the field where you have your bikes listed.

@Daboo - Don't need membership level. Already displayed with a colored banner. I feel including all that info under the avatar will make each post take up considerably more screen space.