• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

location of the main fuse

pulimo

Big Wheel
Hi all,
I turn on the ignition and nothing happening, suspected to be a blown fuse, anyone know where the location for the main fuse, thanks

My first guess would be the battery not the fuse.  Not only could the battery itself be dead but a common issue is the GROUND connection from the battery to the frame inside the battery compartment.  Corrosion builds up there and insulates the connection.

Check the battery with a voltmeter.  If that's OK, unbolt the ground lead and clean the aluminum on the frame connection with some sandpaper and then put a small dab of dielectric grease (or just vaseline if that's all you have).  Just a thin coating is all you want here.  Then put the ground lead back on and tighten the bolt.  Don't over torque it as it will strip out easily.

the main fuse is in that battery compartment, next to the batt, where the main relay lives... but pull all the cable ends, and clean them and the termination points abrasivly, and re install

the main fuse is in that battery compartment, next to the batt, where the main relay lives... but pull all the cable ends, and clean them and the termination points abrasivly, and re install
So... How do you pull it out? I don’t want to break it or something else by “learn by doing”. I see the spare and assume the working fuse in behind it. The red clip needs to be popped and I assume the working fuse is under it. The confined space is pushing me to use force to get at it. Suggestions before I break something?

Last edited: