• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Lodging On The PCH

richreed701

I have to travel to Los Angeles for a two week TDY assignment over the last two weeks of June and am taking the Little Blue Chevy rather than subject myself to Seat 27B of some wheezy old 737. I've never done the PCH between San Francisco and LA so that's on my route plan. Anyone know of a Cheap 'n' Clean motel/cabins/B&B somewhere near or south of Big Sur? I plan on being about halfway between SF and LA on Route 1 on Sunday night. So far all my internet searches come up with $250 a night resorts. I don't give a ratsass about the view or beach access or gourmet dining, all I want is a clean room, comfy bed, and a nearby eatery with a liquor license for a steak and a brewski. Thanks. The Original Rich Reed COG #7 1986 Kawasaki Ninja 1000R 1977 Yamaha XS650 Standard 2004 Little Blue Chevy "Over the hill it's five bucks. Here in Idaho it's a hundred and eighty."

Anywhere near Big Sur you are in major touist country. Spell that$$$. Farther south might be a bit better. The only place I'm really familar with is San Luis Obispo (sister-in-law near there) and we always find something resonable around there. It's not tooo far south of where you wanted to stay. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Good luck.