• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Long Time California Rider

chrly1937512

Name is Charley Blunt and I probably know one or two members here :) . Riding motorcycles since the 50s , drag racing my 14R for the past five years but family is growing and spread from coast to coast so I picked up an older Concours to get from point A to point B the funnest way possible . I am a lil guy at 5'5" and 130 pounds so I have questioned dealing with the weight . I dont need a lot of clearance so after sitting on a 2005 , I thought 2 or 3 inches would get me some leverage when needed ... Anyway it is now in my garage and I have began personalizing the bike . Obviously , this is the place to be if you own one .. Stay safe .

Welcome! Let me be blunt...well, er no, that would be you, however all I can say is we welcome all you lil fellers!! I am only 5'-12", so there.

I have a firefighter friend who is very inseam challenged but likes big bikes and I cannot lie. He rides a 'Busa, FJR-13, and others. He had his riding boots made with a 1.5" thick sole, plus lowered seats and I think dogbone links as well so he can flat foot and he ride those things like a boss! Can't wait to see pics of your rides! I helped a local guy set up his 14R for the strip, installed Swingarm extensions and longer chain, NOS, tie down hardware for the front. Just rode it up and down my street but man it felt quick in a straight line.

Thanks for the welcome and ZXtasy...I will pass on the boots but seat , dogbones and lifting forks are happening.. and yea , the stock 14Rs are very quick.. My best swb and motor is 9.2 @151