• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Longest Day Ride 2022

Today it’s wet on the west side of the mountains, but dry on the east side. We’ll see who shows up. Already lost one…

Five of us enjoyed a day out riding. Andy Niemer, Art Hobbs, John Scoggins and Mike Nugent braved the elements and followed me around curves, down straights and over multiple mountain passes. From my garage back to my garage was 492 miles. Not a bad day. No pictures were taken in keeping with Witness Protection guidelines. 😁

Sorry Ted. While I certainly do not want to see the spectacle of Charlie's head exploding, I cannot refrain from expressing my gratitude for his ride leadership - he has been very good to me, and many others, as a participant since we first met a few years ago for the trip to Sisters for the first Lava Run!!!
Andy

It was another great ride! A bit damp on the West side of the mountains (no surprise there) - but quite nice on the East side. Getting through the 'one lane' section of Hwy 20 was a non-event - timed it just right. The pace was comfortable and allowed for taking in the awesome scenery, waterfalls, lakes, snow topped peaks, rivers and farmland. And, just the right amount of cornering fun. After a tasty lunch in Chelan we headed toward Hwy 2, Peshastin and the curvy Chumstick Hwy bypass of Leavenworth. Back on Hwy 2, the sun was starting to drop a bit (glare factor) and a good size deer decided to cross the road between Charlie and next rider. Yee-haw!!! However, the reasonable pace and rider stagger-separation made this more of a speed 'adjustment' situation, rather than an adrenaline spiked event - while the horned threat trotted off. Before heading over the top of Stevens pass, I donned some of the rain gear I'd shed earlier. On the other side of the pass we stopped at Sultan. I'd already decided to put on the full suit. Rain, go figure. Given the weather, a few of us decided to take the quickest way back home and we parted company.
Mercifully, the weather dried up about half way home.

Kudos to Charlie for the enjoyable day!

Should I mention buck number 2 on Ben Howard road? Too far away for me to reach out and touch, unlike buck number 1.