• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Looking For a Good RamX Holder For my Phone

Iowabikerider

I just purchased a new 2019 Concourse and wondered if anyone had links to products that sell Ram ball mounts for my Apple 8

There have been discussions about vibration causing issues with iphone cameras.  You might want to take that into consideration when you pick a mounting point.  Another thing to consider is, in the event of a crash, the phone goes with your bike instead of staying with you so you can call for help.  Besides that, you might want to chat with your buddies while you're waiting for the ambulance! ;D  Yes, I do know the rider in the pic below.  That would be my son after he dropped the C14 in front of my parents house a few years ago.

Attachments

• The real Bud Feb 2018.jpg
    The real Bud Feb 2018.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 170
Either Revzilla, GPS City or Amazon is where I shop for best prices. Ram is local to us Seattleites but obviously sell at MSRP prices. So if I need something that the online guys don't have in-stock and I need it quickly, I'll order from Ram and pickup same or next day.
https://www.rammount.com/consumer/on-road/motorcycle

As for the X-Grip, it's been solid on my old iPhone 6S and now my new iPhone 11. I've mounted a GoPro and other accessories depending on my trip.

Here's what my old setup looked like... https://live.staticflickr.com/4187/34500758202_61ba7dfd3b_c.jpg

FYI - the rubber bits that hold the phone in - you need to put a but of silicone on them to make them stick on the metal post. They can come off and drop where they are lost. If you do lose one or more, they are available separately. My son lost several until I siliconed them on and has not lost one since.