• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Looking for North Bay ride.

Mikey063

Bicycle
  I am trying to find a group of Northern California COGers.  What I want to do is put together a monthly ride.  Areas of interest are, Sonoma county, Mendocino county, and Marin county. 

Mike,

Thanks for being willing to organize something  :sign0098:  Your area is a little far for me to ride on a regular basis, but I would be interested in coming occasionally.  Did you email Vic Salisbury to get some contact info for the Sac area?  I know there is some crossover of folks between the Sac area and your area, but many of them don't visit the forum often, if at all.  If you were to contact Ken **** or Buddy Sherr they might be able to put in you touch with some of those people, and would probably even announce your monthly ride.  My experience with our area is that the majority of rides and events are announced and organized through email.    HTH,

Buddy is the one who usually sends out notifications, so he's a good person to start with.

I'm up for a ride, i know some nice foothills trips.  1-4 hr rides or so.  lots of cool stopping points.

I'm in Sacramento and will ride to the bay for a nice one day'er

I should be able to do a monthly ride in that area. Might even be able to get a few friends on other makes to come along as well.

Hey Mike, and all...
We ride out of Fairfield with the Breakfast Riders
http://www.breakfastriders.org/
Just did Santa Cruz yesterday 7/10/11
next ride is Mt Hamilton on 8/6
Had 3 conies on this ride! 8)

Lets bring this back up!!! Lets get a bay area ride going and maybe a monthly meeting to work on bikes and help each other out? anyone up for this?

I'm game!  Thinking of a bike ride to the bike show in San mateo in November.  GF & I and two others so far. 

Please keep me in the loop as well.  I am in Berkeley, and am a new COGer.  I do have trouble committing to show up, but sometimes I appear without notice if I know where to go.

I'm in Santa Cruz and game for Bay Area rides and tech meetings. I commute daily from Santa Cruz to Sunnyvale (putting about 12K per year on the Connie) and my bike could use some help.  :)

I'm also planning to head up to the MC Show next month and will watch to see if this group does a meetup.

I say we all try to all meet up at a single location for the event in November "anyone have a good idea were to meet up?" and that on the 3rd weekend of the month we do Tech and Ride. Anyone want to volunteer there garage or location as a meeting site? I would do it, but live in an apt.

I volunteer my house for a tech meetup after the first of the year.

I'm in Capitola (Santa Cruz) convenient to Highway 1 and near the bottom of Old San Jose/Soquel Road, so probably will be ride for most folks.

I currently have a home project monopolizing the garage, but should be able to free up at least one spot in the garage after the holidays.

That is very cool of you to volenteer your place!!

I could start an Email list to keep eveyone in the loop for gatherings. Please, eveyone who is intrested, please send me your name and email address and I'll start sending info out. I might just start up a Bay area COG group web page to post rides and events for COG riders. Let me know if you all think you would like that.

my name is Rob: my email is: robert.lupo@fishnetsecurity.com I'll prob change this latter when I create the web site and if you all like, i'll prob offer custome email accouts for you all if the web site thing happens.

when you email, make sure you put in the subject line "bay area COG"

V1RU5

Looks like I'm heading to the MC show in San Mateo on Saturday. If any other Coggers are going to be there, post a note here or shoot me a message and we can arrange to have our paths cross.

Otherwise, I'll be the guy at the Kawasaki display monopolizing the new Concours 14 with a far-off look in his eyes.

I'm game when it rains...I suspect i'll be solo though. :)  Not sure Leona is down for a 3 hr ride in the rain. :(

Fine by me though.  My bike needs a underside bath anyways.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Too late to order one.  Is this close enough?

name.tag.JPG

If I'm not mistaken, i think we are meeting in hayward.  I'm 99% sure i'll be solo if it's wet.  Looking forward to going.  Haven't been in a couple years. 

Yeah, I probably wouldn't ride to Hayward just to backtrack to San Mateo. But if a group of you are meeting there, I'd be happy to give you my cell and you can call me when you arrive. Would also be great to get some type of time window as we get closer.

Sorry guys I did not make it to the show! I was very sick for a few weeks with an inner ear virus. No ride a bike for me! but, would like us all to get together for a meeting after the 1st of the year if you all are up for it!!