• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Looking for suggestions for a C14 summer windshield

Charliedog

Yes, I know it is not that time of year, but I would like to get an early start on my research.  I've now had my 2013 C14 for over two years and overall really like it, except in really hot weather riding there is too much wind protection-even with the stock windshield all the way down. 

If anyone has tried a low windshield, please speak up.  I'd rather not cut down the stock one.

TIA

Stating the obvious, guess you could remove it during the really hot weather, unless you still want the ability to raise it now and then. Just saying ...

+1 on the Copper Dawg, here is mine... https://photos.app.goo.gl/NyN6THvjknPATEkn6

Dan said:
2nd on what connie-rider said.  I have the same set-up and love it.

Dan

I'll 3rd that! The MRA is even smaller the the stock 08 - 09 shields which are smaller than the 10 & up. Add Madstad brackets & you'll get a ton of smooth air.

Ted rode my bike & then proceeded to buy a MRA.  :)

Okay I'll 4th that, Tundra was typing at the same time I was.  :motonoises:

Yes. What Ted said. Living in Arizona it's great when it's hot out. Dang, did I just agree with Ted? :-[

Charliedog said:
Yes, I know it is not that time of year, but I would like to get an early start on my research.  I've now had my 2013 C14 for over two years and overall really like it, except in really hot weather riding there is too much wind protection-even with the stock windshield all the way down. 

If anyone has tried a low windshield, please speak up.  I'd rather not cut down the stock one.

TIA

What's wrong with a cut down stocker? It works great when the temps are high.

MGalleryItem.php

The CalSci tinted shorty also works great.

MGalleryItem.php

Conrad said:
Charliedog said:

TIA

MGalleryItem.php

WOW! Looks great nice job, I really like the look of the tinted cut down stocker....

GrantE said:
Conrad said:
Charliedog said:

TIA

MGalleryItem.php

WOW! Looks great nice job, I really like the look of the tinted cut down stocker....

Thanks!

A little OT:

How well does the MRA and Madstad work in cooler temps??

Specifically I'm thinking about arms and hands.

thanks.
gr

I have used mine in 40 degree or less a lot. My arms are fine but I have a electric liner on at those temps. Cant say for my hands as I have handgaurds that sit between the shield and the mirror. I have a feeling it wont protect the hands much.
Wayne

ghostrider990 said:
A little OT:

thanks.
gr

ghostrider990 said:
A little OT:

thanks.
gr

I normally take my brackets off for winter use, they let a ton of air in. Put handguards on for winter use.

konehead said:
Hey ted or cliff...post a picture of your bikes screen(s) ......pleeeaaasseee...

Like Ted I'm not smart enough. I can't even get them from the camera to the computer, much less resize them. However I did find one already on the computer & resized I can post. It's winter shot so Madstad brackets are not installed. Also the reason it washed inside!  :)

These shields are shorter than stock 08 & 09 shields. !8" - 19" tall I believe.

I can take some better ones today once my wife is home to resize & load on computer for me.

Attachments

• 20160109_155332.jpeg
    20160109_155332.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 159
konehead said:
I feel ur pain boys....I'm also too old to go tech savvy, but I appreciate the pics u posted...

Got some taken, been raining for 2 days so I had to take them inside. Shield is much smaller than it appears in pics. Hope these help.

Attachments

• windshield 001.JPG
    windshield 001.JPG
    258.9 KB · Views: 168
  • windshield 005.JPG
    windshield 005.JPG
    236.8 KB · Views: 170
  • windshield 003.JPG
    windshield 003.JPG
    305.1 KB · Views: 129
  • windshield 002.JPG
    windshield 002.JPG
    327.5 KB · Views: 150
Thanks for the picture posting cliff....I guessing the brackets the screen are attached to smooth out the buffetting...?

konehead said:
Thanks for the picture posting cliff....I guessing the brackets the screen are attached to smooth out the buffetting...?

Yes, those are Madstad brackets. You can see where the knobs are, that lets the shield tilt back & forth. So you have a lots of adjustability. Tilted all the way back gives you more wind blast. More forward it's tilted up, directs it over your head more. Set at about 3/4 forward as I have mine & all the way up it's nearly silent. I typically leave it down.

Just throwing up some more examples... I cut down my stocker for the summer. It flows alot of air. For most of the swing seasons here in Minnesota, I'm running my CalSci Wide Large cause it's quiet (full up) and flows enough in the full down position.

Attachments

• 2012 C14 - 1.jpg
    2012 C14 - 1.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 151
  • 2012 C14 - 2.jpg
    2012 C14 - 2.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 149