• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Madison/Ridgeland RTE & Natchez Trace Ride [MS]

Road Runner

SE USA - AAD
When: May 15, 2021 @ 11 am CDT
Where: Mama Hamil's Southern Cookin' and Bar B Que Buffet | 480 Magnolia St. | Madison, MS 39110

We'll meetup at Mama Hamil's Southern Cookin' and Bar B Que Buffet at 11 am (CDT). The restaurant is just a few miles off the Natchez Trace Pkwy. Following lunch we'll take a northern ride for a TBD distance (~40 miles) on the Natchez Trace Parkway.

In the interest of full disclosure, yes, I am related to the restaurant owner. Bob Hamil is my cousin.

This event is already listed in the Events area of our Website. There is no fee involved, but I still ask that you register so we have a head count. Hope to see you there!

-- David (aka, "Road Runner")

Event Registration: When registering for this event, you will need to fill-in the No. of Guest(s) field, as it is a required field, not optional. One of our members had problems with registration, because he did not fill-in zero (0). guest(s).

Sorry about this, I did not know as I always add one (1) guest.

Hopefully, our Events Coordinator or IT can change this for us.

Reminder this event is coming up soon, on May 15. Mama Hamil's Southern Cookin' and Bar B Que Buffet | 480 Magnolia St. | Madison, MS 39110.

I'm looking forward to great fellowship & eating, followed by a TBD distance ride north on the Natchez Trace Pkwy.

Reminder re: Event Registration: When registering for this event, you will need to fill-in the No. of Guest(s) field, as it is a required field, not optional. One of our members had problems with registration, because he did not fill-in zero (0). guest(s).

If you have problem registering ... come anyway! :)

Last edited:
Reminder of this Saturday's (May 15) RTE event! Great fellowship, excellent eating and some super riding afterwards on the Natchez Trace Pkwy.

It's not too late to register. Even if you don't/can't register, come join us anyway!

Wow, what a beautiful day we had for our RTE in Ridgeland, MS, w/ blue sky and temp hovering around 75 degrees. Bob Chappuis made the ~350 mile roundtrip trek from St. Francisville, LA. Allen Lawless biked ~520 miles roundtrip from Sherwood, RA. David-n-Marina Hamil biked ~690 miles from north AL.

Thank you, Bob and Allen, for joining us at the Mama Hamil's Southern Cookin' and Bar B Que. Following our fellowship time at the restaurant, Marina, Allen and I took off on a northerly trek along the Natchez Trace Pkwy. Allen hung in with us for ~100 miles, before he pealed off around Tupelo, MS, to head toward his home. We didn’t spot much in the way of wildlife along the trace (not this time), but we still very much enjoyed a leisurely ride across the scenic countryside.

We’ll do it again next year! I’m considering making this a 3-day event next time (e.g., Fri night, Sat & Sun. am) w/ camping nearby, rides, etc.

The pic shows just the guys: David, Allen and Bob. Marina was the photographer.

Attachments

• MS RTE 1.JPG
    MS RTE 1.JPG
    230.6 KB · Views: 130