• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Madstad 22

Tarsyn

I’m debating between the madstad 20 inch or 22 inch windscreen. Anyone have experience with either? I’m just shy of 6’4 with 32 inseam. Any input would be appreciated. Happy Fourth!

I have a 20 inch on my BMW F800GT. The website says I should be using an 18 inch screen for my height at 5'6". The larger size, works perfectly. I'd go with the larger size for your own purposes.

Chris

Tarsyn, I would be very interested in any feedback you might have once you get the Madstad screen on your bike. I am similar height and inseam to you and have been thinking about it for my '91...would love to hear of your experience and thoughts.

best,
JA

I'd go with the 22. There are times where more protection would be nice. Just lower the shield to whatever the conditions call for the rest of the time.

I’m 5’8”, 29” inseam
I went with the tall madstad because I converted to handle bars and a more upright seating position.

It was too tall. I had to cut it down to suit me
Cutting one down to your exact size is simple.
I have “how to” post n here some where

I’m 5’8”, 29” inseam
I went with the tall madstad because I converted to handle bars and a more upright seating position.

It was too tall. I had to cut it down to suit me
Cutting one down to your exact size is simple.
I have “how to” post n here some where
What didn't you like about just lowering the shield. I would have traded shields with you.

What didn't you like about just lowering the shield. I would have traded shields with you.

Hey Bud,
Even at the lowest position, it was still about 1.5" too tall.
( I don't like looking thru a windshield)

I cut it to fit me at the highest position, then when I lower it I get max airflow.