• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Marquez MotoGP Indonesia high side

kv5e

South Central Area Director - COG 5063
Staff member
Marquez High side

This has to be one of the most terrifying high sides I have ever seen and Marquez walks away from it!

ATGATT-ATGATT-ATATT...............

All I get on DISH now is MotoGP and highlights of Moto 2. Coverage was much better with Bein Sports.

I watched it several times. I believe it was a rear tire blowout. At 00:00:06, I see the rear tire has exploded.
Amazing. Hope he's okay.

I didn’t see the tire go down. Looked to me like he over-rotated in that power slide by cutting just a tad bit too much throttle… (picture 1)EC7C51AB-A576-4A0B-B9F5-49173149B21B.jpeg

…in trying to save it, recover and straighten out he opened the throttle maybe a wee bit too much… (picture 2)D4CFD57D-1391-4BFD-A7B0-7A537714D27D.jpeg

…and then the rear tire got traction again and absolutely launched him into a hella body flip… (picture 3)C6E89BDD-20AA-47CF-9C62-36B773A9E870.jpeg

Sure do hope he isn’t out for too long and makes a full recovery from the incident. A man’s confidence can be shaken by something like that!

Maybe the tire exploded as a result. I think the next frame or two shows rubber peeled off the wheel.

I slowed down the playback to 25% normal and ran it frame by frame. As the bike stood itself back up the rear tire still looks like it has a solid bead. I might be wrong…AEA51425-C857-4F90-A78D-11A07EE4BDEE.png

Then when the bike shows us it’s inside of the turn face it looks like the bead is broken…AFD19176-E79B-4B9D-93F0-69688FA9ACC1.jpeg

Once it has made a full rotation and slammed into the pavement it looks like the tire separates…8FF19A44-4628-4F5A-BFAD-10A91AB39CFA.jpeg

I could be wrong… won’t be the first nor last time for that to happen. LOL 😆

I read somewhere else that they attributed the wreck to damp condition.

The Indonesian GP was therefore set to be held over just 20 laps but torrential rains would delay the race by over an hour.

Right on. It was clear that he was already power sliding through the previous corner and along the straight leading up to the corner where this happened. He was really pushing it to the limit!

I remember being young enough to ride like that, being on the edge of my skill more so than the edge of my machine’s capabilities. LOL

Look at that fresh foreground skid mark in image 3. That's very telling.

Right on, that's HIS contribution. Look at how much distance he's covered while airborne. Getting tossed like a ragdoll across the entire width of the track shows how much physics can suck bigly when you get on the wrong side of it. LOL

1648093976590.png