• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Mccruise cruise control installation

Harrykaw

Anyone know of someone that can install a Mccruise cruise control unit on a 2012 within a couple hours of Columbia, SC? Of course for compensation.:)

It is a fairly straightforward installation, but it still takes several hours since you have to remove plastics to mount everything and get access to all the required connectors. Perhaps the OP doesn't have the time, desire, garage space, or skill...?

Harrykaw, I'm on the opposite coast from you, but I just did this install myself a few months back. Let me know if you or your installer run into any problems, I'm happy to try to assist! Although the manufacturer offers support, and they are much better equipped ;)

I've had mine for many years what do you mean works about 90%?

I love it, nothing like resting my right hand I have nerve damage from a chain saw an accident 35 years ago.

I was using an Oring

Sounds easy right? Its not as easy as plug and play sounds, mine is on the bike and it works about 90% .
Curious what doesn't work on yours? Mine works flawlessly, though it definitely took some fine tuning right after install to get the 'feel' correct.

Sounds easy right? Its not as easy as plug and play sounds, mine is on the bike and it works about 90% .
Curious what doesn't work on yours? Mine works flawlessly, though it definitely took some fine tuning right after install to get the 'feel' correct.
Probably needs a fine tune, everything does what it should BUT, It won’t disengage the cruise control when I pull in the clutch and I really have to get on the brakes hard in order for it to disengage the cruise control,I would think like a car you just touch the brake and it shuts off but that isn’t the case with mine, i can’t hear a good enough on the telephone to talk to the people overseas on how to solve that problem so I just always have my finger ready to turn it off.

The install is not difficult but it does take time and patience. After installation mine did not work great. I called Mccruise at the supplied number and someone called me back within a few hours (12 hour time difference I think?!?). They walked me through some fine tuning (not supplied in the manual) and now it works perfectly! It comes off slowly when hitting the brakes and I remember that is configurable if you call them, however I kept it as is because most of the time I am canceling the selected speed and the slow roll off is WAY more comfortable that it would be if quicker.

Hmm. A buddy if mine put one in a friends c14. Dam thing wouldnt work. They called tech support and after going thru all the connections, it was discovered that 2 wires had been installed by mccruise in wrong locations in the connector. Wires were moved to their correct locations and it works perfectly..

The person who installed mine seemed to think a cable was kinked and the spool he did some sanding on it , i bought a new spool and cable, if i ever take the plastics off again ill switch them out.

Last edited:
Hmm. A buddy if mine put one in a friends c14. Dam thing wouldnt work. They called tech support and after going thru all the connections, it was discovered that 2 wires had been installed by mccruise in wrong locations in the connector. Wires were moved to their correct locations and it works perfectly..
Stuff happens. When I worked at GE, we made a bunch of shaded pole stators without any shading coils. For some reason, they failed the quality control check before they shipped.🤣