• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Meet and greet this Saturday 1-28-12 Lafayette LA.

wolfenstein

^-^I am going to do this get together this Saturday Jan 28. I am planning an informal ride this Saturday. Meet and
greet for the COG SC area. Plan is to meet at the Waffle House
Ambassador Caffery next to the Race Trac gas station Lafayette LA Exit 100, I-10 turn
left  if going west on I-10 or right if traveling to the east. Waffle House is on the left after the
first red light next to the Race Trak gas station. Meet in the back of the Waffle House at 10 AM ready to  ride.  Ride the back roads to Bunkie LA for lunch at Rocky's and back to Lafayette or to your home
destination. Brian Depew SCAAD Louisiana.

It is neither on that map. It is off of exit 100, I- 10.  The address is  203 Ambassador Caffery Pkwy
Scott, LA 70583

(337) 233-2311

I was over there in December at the Shed for a Meet and Gret with the GWRRA. I will probably pass on this one due to schedule conflict.  :'(

I thought I could make it but now it looks like I will not be able to.  Have a good ride and don't wait too long to schedule another.

Steve

If I don't get called to work next week. I could do this again next Saturday weather permitting. I will post the ride as soon as I can.

Hi Brian,

How did the greet and meet go today?  I am about 90 miles east of Lafayette on the northshore.  Hopefully I can make it over there one day to join y'all.  Please let me know when you plan on revisiting another date to ride.

Best regards,
Blackgold

It went well!@

Depending on weather and schedules, we may have another this coming weekend, Brian is heading up.

Look forward to meeting you guys!!

Can you tell me more about Rusty's?  It would be a nice mid week ride for me and the mrs from Jxn, Ms via Natchez or Tallulah.

Pastor Tyler

Rusty's..???

Rocky's  i n Bunkie...awesome lil sports bar and grill. GREAT poyboys and burgers, and regular dishes. I plan on going back..

The weather looks a little suspect for this weekend, but is there still some thought of meeting up and riding?

Best regards,
Blackgold

Brian, just saw this. Been a time since I saw you.
Are you going to come Ride Big Bend or Wildflower with us this year?

Does anyone in your area put on a ride up the Natchez Trace?
I tried to arrange one years ago. Didn't work out but I'd love to do that one.

Ride safe, Ted

Yea..weather outlook is better now..so I think he mentioned making a call Wed night. Rain is about 15% for Sat now...

Hi Ted,

Great idea.  I rode from Natchez to Vicksburg last fall.  It is a nice pleasant ride.  Perhaps we could entertain an overnighter.  There is a National Park ( maybe a State Park) that I passed right outside Natchez.  I read where Alton Brown and crew stayed there when he was doing his field testing riding the whole Mississippi River.

Best regards,
Blackgold

OPPS! I knew it was Rocky's. I change the name of things from time to time to get a buzz out of the kids. Sorry!

I may have to check Ramey's out in the future.  8)

Pastor Tyler

I wanted to repeat this ride this Saturday Feb 4 but mother nature isn't looking good for riding. Local forecaster is saying 70% chance of storms on Saturday at this time. The weather channel forecast is 50% chance of thunderstorms some severe. If things look better Thurs or Friday I will post the ride.