• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Meet & Greet / Ride to eat

Tundra

I had the pleasure of meeting/riding with Jonbo yesterday.
John chose a nice path to Cedar Key. We had a fantastic day in the saddle, awesome machines great company and food. We will be posting a meet and greet soon. We need to coordinate our busy schedules first. This will basically be a ride to meet other Concours Riders locally and enjoy lunch together. You will be responsible to get yourself to the location. Anyone interested please let me know so I can call ahead if required. More info. to come soon.

Moderator: Please move to "Southeast Events" Thx!

Here's the deal...

Where: The Cove Restaurant & Pub, located in Inverness. 1242 S. Cove Camp Pt. Inverness, Florida
https://www.thecovepubandgrub.com/
When: Saturday March 9, 2019 @1:00pm

Jonbo and I will be meeting for breakfast, then a leisurely North to the Cove. I realize many will be in Daytona, but that's the best time to ride in Florida when all are in Daytona. The good roads will be ours!

Anyone that can make it is welcome. Hope to meet some of you, I have plenty of favorite ride destinations and will be posting more in the future.

I'm going to try to join you. SWMBO will be away Saturday, so the only consideration will be work throwing me a curve ball.

Don't forget VOTE FOR ME FOR OTP! Voting ends TONIGHT, March 3, at Midnight PST (3 a.m. for us east-coasters).

I've got two events going on that day that I promised I would be there.  Why do I have to be responsible?  Have fun everyone.

Irene

We had a great day riding. I rolled out at 6:45am to meet Jonbo for breakfast at the Country Skillet. I used to ride my old KZ1000 to the same diner 34 years ago when I was in the Coast Guard. We head out across the North end of Tampa Bay riding through Pinellas, Hillsborough, Pasco, Hernando and Citrus Counties finding good backroads to our destination. We had the pleasure of meeting Tom, who rode quite a distance to join us. Pleasure meeting you Tom, next time closer to your home :great:

I have spent two hours editing photos which are great, no can post on this site :-[ I have posted pics before using the sites attachment options and by using a photo hosting site, tried both with no joy

Attachments

• IMG_20190309_070645712.jpg
    IMG_20190309_070645712.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_20190309_095909596_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190309_095909596_HDR.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 112
Rode some scenic roads with nice cloud cover and perfect temps.

Attachments

• IMG_20190309_105501945_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190309_105501945_HDR.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 120
We decided no head shots today as we all had helmet head. Actually taking photos with your phone and sunglasses on leaves a guess work...apparently I guessed wrong. :eek:

Attachments

• IMG_20190309_144104941.jpg
    IMG_20190309_144104941.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 111
    I enjoyed meeting both you guys {Doug & John} Saturday. Nice place for lunch- next time I'll bring my appetite. My ride home was your typical I75 crapshoot. Thanks for setting this up Doug.

Tom Taylor COG#7173