• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Meeting of the Old Timers at the National

gsjay

I was looking over the attendee list and was pleasantly surprised by how many long time members of Cog will be attending this years National.

I remember when we where younger, thinner and faster!!!!

We should plan a get together one evening at the National.

Any thoughts?
It would have to be early, as the old timers go to bed early  ;)

Jason

gsjay said:
I was looking over the attendee list and was pleasantly surprised by how many long time members of Cog will be attending this years National.

Any thoughts?
It would have to be early, as the old timers go to bed early ;)

Jason

I'd be all in for that soire, pretty much the only folks I like are in that group.....  :rotflmao: :nananana: :beerchug:

and don't talk like that about Mr. Gowan... he'll still stick a boot in yer butt... curmudgeonly... :great: :rotflmao:

(I was actually talking to Harry Martin, recently, about creating an "an O.F.O.C.O.G." tee shirt, with his artwork of faces I have in my file of old photos,,,, Old Fartz Of COG.... or sumpin' like that..)  :beerchug: :great: :great:

gsjay said:

Any thoughts?

Jason

How do you quantify who joins in, COG numbers under 5,000  :nananana:

COGnosticator said:
gsjay said:

Any thoughts?

Those with artificial joints.............
j

Jason

How do you quantify who joins in, COG numbers under 5,000  :nananana:

How do you quantify who joins in:
  { COG numbers under 50, or 100, or 500, or 5,000, or ???  }

NOTE: I know I'm not nearly as old as Guy Young  :nananana:, but I am old, and only at 19 years in the COG...

Ride safe, Ted

Those with artificial joints.............
Heck, that includes me too, and probably about 1/2 the club.  :rotflmao:
But, if COGnosticator is eligible, my numbers about 300 lower than his and I'm better lookin'..

But, j prolly means the first group in the club? #200 and below?
If so, I'm fine with that..

Ride safe, Ted.

I'm crashin' this party. Ain't no way in heck I'm missing this much salty all in the same place.

Curmudgeoning Card-Carrying Crippled Old Coggers.

If Jen is crashin' so am I.  Besides, I'll have the Margaritas.  (that's usually good for free entry anywhere COGgers are found even if my number's too high
)

connie_rider said:
But, j prolly means the first group in the club? #200 and below?
If so, I'm fine with that..

Ride safe, Ted.

So am I, J gonna party by himself  :D  Just wonder how many below 200 will be at the rally 

I hate meetings anyway  :))

Soooooooooo, the rest of us Curmudgeoning Card-Carrying Crippled Old COGger's {CCCCOC} can meet at Rev's room?

NOTE: "Everyone,",, bring Margarita mixin's..  :great:

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Speaking of Curmudgeoning Card-Carrying Crippled Old COGger's,,, are we gonna re-form the Band?

connie_rider said:
Soooooooooo, the rest of us Curmudgeoning Card-Carrying Crippled Old COGger's {CCCCOC} can meet at Rev's room?

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Speaking of Curmudgeoning Card-Carrying Crippled Old COGger's,,, are we gonna re-form the Band?

Well, we could try.  My plan has been to fly to PA and that meant no toting a guitar.  But since the missus is coming with me, after she crunched all the numbers it appears we'll be driving instead of flying.  :-X      Thus, I CAN bring the Margarita machine and even a geetar if desired.  However, our venue won't have a stage fer the band I'm told.  We'd be werkin from the floor.  But I've groveled in worser places I'm sure.

fyi; "The" COG BAND err sang from the floor the first time the infamous group was introduced at a National.
    NOTE: It's easier to run from the floor if'n the need arises,,, "and" most of "the BAND" will be there anyway.

At least "The COG Band" now has a name... 
        Curmudgeoning Card-Carrying Crippled Old Cogger Singer's {CCCCOCS}

OMG!!  Just realized  :-[   
    Some evil/rotten person will develop an off-color acronym for the last?  {CCCCOCS}
  :-X

Ride safe, Ted

PS: I picked up 2 Jose's fer the CCCCOCS practice session…  :great:

:threadjack:

Now, gettin' back to "Meeting of the Old Timers at the National"

COGnosticator said:
:D  I would never  >:D

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :D :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :D :D :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I'm really trying hard to leave that CCCOCS thingy alone.

I had thought maybe "Rev n da Revenuers"... or "Hell's Strangels"... or "So So Company"... or "Kipass & the K-Rocks"... or "Gray Floyd"... or "the Arthur-Rhythmics"... or the "Blew By-You Crew"... or "Da Faster Pastor Disaster"... or the "Froggy Bottom Bois"... or the "Zee Gees"... or "The Passed and the Spurious" (I kinda like that one)... or  "ZG Flop"... or "Pre-Madonna"... or "AeroStich"... or "Oil, Tar, & Other Cross Threads"... or "Diaper Dan and the Incontinentals"... or ... well, you get the idea.  But CCCOCS might be just a little bit edgy, donchathink?  :-X

Rev Ryder said:
I'm really trying hard to leave that CCCOCS thingy alone.

I had thought maybe "Rev n da Revenuers"... or "Hell's Strangels"... or "So So Company"... or "Kipass & the K-Rocks"... or "Gray Floyd"... or "the Arthur-Rhythmics"... or the "Blew By-You Crew"... or "Da Faster Pastor Disaster"... or the "Froggy Bottom Bois"... or the "Zee Gees"... or "The Passed and the Spurious" (I kinda like that one)... or  "ZG Flop"... or "Pre-Madonna"... or "AeroStich"... or "Oil, Tar, & Other Cross Threads"... or "Diaper Dan and the Incontinentals"... or ... well, you get the idea.  But CCCOCS might be just a little bit edgy, donchathink?  :-X

Yeah, that's out of line.

How about....High-miles?

Yea, CCCOCS might be "just" a bit iffy.  :truce:

I honestly didn't think about the acronym until after I posted and tried to pronounce it.   :-[
    But, ya gotta admit, it kinda fits the band..  :singing:

So, as usual;  I'll blame it on someone else.  :great:
                      Clearly,,, It's all Jim and Eddie's fault.
                                        They made me do it...
<sly grin>  :rotflmao:
                      PS: Even though their part of the original COG Band, they won't be there to sing with us.  :eek:
                              {ie; They won't be there to defend themselves}  :nananana:

Ok, I can't help myself. How about something simple like COG band singer?  {COGbs}  :rotflmao:

Ride safe, Ted

err: Getting back to Meeting of the Old Timers at the National..

i was in my closes closet over the weekend and saw some OLD COG rally shirts..............

I guess the old timers should did theirs out and bring them along.

Who's got the oldest National Rally tee shirt, that still FITS?

jason

gsjay said:
i was in my closes closet over the weekend and saw some OLD COG rally shirts..............

jason

It wouldn't be me because my oldest is 2008. The OTHER part of your challenge is just cruel and unusual punishment.  :D

Awe sucks my 2002 colorado rally still fits, my first membership number was 3645 or some near that, let the membership go for a year and whammo I'm now 9065...

gsjay said:

jason

I like this idea for a contest. Whoever has the oldest rally shirt, *that still fits* wins a door prize?  :)

I would likely win, but unfortunately won't be able to attend the national this year. But I do like the idea....  I still wear one I got back in 1995 in Monteagle, TN. In fact, I'll wear it to the COG breakfast tomorrow.  :)

Rev Ryder said:
connie_rider said:

Ride safe, Ted

Love some acoustic  :beerchug:

Well, we could try.  My plan has been to fly to PA and that meant no toting a guitar.  But since the missus is coming with me, after she crunched all the numbers it appears we'll be driving instead of flying.  :-X      Thus, I CAN bring the Margarita machine and even a geetar if desired.  However, our venue won't have a stage fer the band I'm told.  We'd be werkin from the floor.  But I've groveled in worser places I'm sure.

Rev is in room #527.  Double Secret password is, "HEY! REV, OPEN UP"

First batch of Margaritas are in the cooler. 

Rev Ryder said:
Rev is in room #527.  Double Secret password is, "HEY! REV, OPEN UP"

First batch of Margaritas are in the cooler.

starting "early" I see...  :-\ :beerchug: :great:  just be safe, and don't O/D... before we show up tomorrow..

I guess I better pick up my favorite "sugar free mix".. so as not to violate my diabetes orders..  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Just funni'n ya, I been on water and diet iced green tea for weeks now.. actually, months... :mad: :mad: :-X :truce: :truce: