• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Metzeler M7RR

OKC14

This tire is absolutely amazing. I've flogged this set harder than I know how to describe, all kinds of surface, all kinds of weather and conditions--and they simply refuse to budge. 200/55 rear, matched set, can't go wrong.  100 percent recommend.  Its better than the Angels, better than the PR4s, better than the Q3s.  Its even better than the S21s I ran for giggles.

Anyone here running a set?

What kind of mileage do you expect to get out of those?  What's your opinion about running a 200 instead of the 190?

I got 7k, which for a sportier tire is amazing imho.  The 200 feels great, speedo is dead accurate, and its planted when leaned.  Plus it looks fat.

OKC, any miles in Arkansas?
I don't get but about 5k out of the tires I've tried.
Seems like Ark. eats the rubber more than other area's.

Ride safe, Ted

Instead of starting a new thread, Figured I would bump this to see if there was any updates? From people I have talked to they seem to be getting around 6-7K out of a set...

JJ

OKC14 said:
No Ted but I did do Oklahoma to California and back on this last set.

I think this note highlights the biggest difference in peoples mileages... {How/where they ride}
I've gotten 5000 miles {mostly less} on all the tires I've tried.
Disclosure;  I'm a sinner.
                    I trailer to events, so all my miles are at rallies. {Not across vast miles of roads}.

My current set of Avon Sprits have 2000 miles on them. (1200 of which are in Arkansas, the rest at other COG Rallies}.
    It is very doubtful that I'll get 3000 miles out of them.

NOTE: Thinking I would save $$, I tried Shinko's.
              Surprisingly, they felt pretty good.
                Lasted about 1800 miles..  :truce:

Ride safe, Ted