• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Metzler M7rr and Roadtec 01's

andydude

I heard great reviews of the M7rr's and wondering if the roadtec 01's would basically be the same except maybe a bit better in rain ?  Tires seems to be built the same !  Anyone out there have reviews of the roadtec 01's ?    Thanks

I have the M7RR's on my FZ09 and love them.  Metzeler claims sport bike tires for the real world.  I just googled M7rr vs. roadtec 01, and there's some interesting discussions there.   

I tried the Roadtec 01's & couldn't wait to get them off.  :??:

Started out great first 1,500 - 2,000, went down hill from there. When they were removed at 4,200 - 4,400 miles. They were a challenge to go around a corner with. I can normally go around a corner pretty reasonable.

They were done & squared off when removed. No more for me, of course your results may/will vary.

I really had high hopes for these tires.

Just Cliff said:

Started out great first 1,500 - 2,000, went down hill from there. When they were removed at 4,200 - 4,400 miles. They were a challenge to go around a corner with. I can normally go around a corner pretty reasonable.

They were done & squared off when removed. No more for me, of course your results may/will vary.

Cliff, were you using the HWM's?  Thought about getting a set, but will stay away from them, if your comments are based on the heavy weight set.

Just Cliff said:

Hi Cliff, i was going to ask the same thing about the HWM tires. Have you tried the M7rr"s ?

AmphibSailor said:
Just Cliff said:

Cliff, were you using the HWM's?  Thought about getting a set, but will stay away from them, if your comments are based on the heavy weight set.

No I was not using the HWM's.

andydude said:
Have you tried the M7rr"s ?

No I have not.

I’ve had around 5 sets of the M7rr between my Concours and Bmw S1000rr. They are a really good tire. I can’t apeak for the other tire mentioned, never had any.

Staylo said:
I didn’t think the HVMs were out yet? Or am I confusing the PR5?

The Roadtec 01 HWM's have been out for awhile.  I was tempted to pick up a set a few months ago for spares but opted for some Pirelli's.  The advertised prices were good for both sets.

Just Cliff said:
AmphibSailor said:
Just Cliff said:

No I was not using the HWM's.

andydude said:
Have you tried the M7rr"s ?

No I have not.

Cliff what is your luck with the Roadsmart III's ? I'm assuming you tried these ?

andydude said:
Cliff what is your luck with the Roadsmart III's ? I'm assuming you tried these ?

No I haven't. Didn't care for the RS's or RS2's so I've skipped over the 3's for now.

I put the Roadtec 01 on my F800GT and liked it a lot...till it got half the life of the Z8 that came as OEM.  It's hard to justify paying that much for a tire that lasts half as long as the tire it is supposed to be an improvement to.

I'm on my second Dunlop Roadsmart IIIs.  They seem to be working great and giving me far better life.

Chris

Daboo said:
I put the Roadtec 01 on my F800GT and liked it a lot...till it got half the life of the Z8 that came as OEM.  It's hard to justify paying that much for a tire that lasts half as long as the tire it is supposed to be an improvement to.

I'm on my second Dunlop Roadsmart IIIs.  They seem to be working great and giving me far better life.

Chris

Great to hear this review, sounds like they"re a decent choice !